Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Winford
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious what combos people jump on when they see them in the card row. Michelangelo and Sistine Chapel is still a good one (although if you do not keep up on military with this one you can be screwed). Napoleon and Classic Army is another. I feel like I am in a rut lately, and I need to be looking for more combos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Washington
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite, and many of these work in both versions of the game.

The full combo you mentioned is Moses/Homer and Hanging Gardens to Joan/Michaelangelo and St. Peter's Basilica. Part of the reason it is so good is that you have so many leaders that work with it.

I also like Caesar and the Pyramids, because of the long term action accrual and stacking the Events deck.

Genghis Khan and Great Wall.

These combos will probably exist in the expansion, but we will see.

Hammurabi and Coliseum[A] (+ 1 MA, + 1 HAPPY)
Pope John Paul II and Parthenon (+1 CUL, All temples +1 Cul)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Japhet
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fading Captain wrote:
Napoleon and Classic Army is another.

How about Napoleon and Napoleonic Army?

Shakespeare with Hollywood.

Sid Meier with Computers and Internet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio MILITO PAGLIARA
msg tools
jaafit wrote:

How about Napoleon and Napoleonic Army?

indeed in the new version Napoleon work better with Napoleonic army or even Mobile artillery and 1 infantry unit... then if you can top it with an airforces or 2.... even better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kuehl
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Julius Caesar + 2 x Aggression: Get an early military lead and land an almost guaranteed beatdown! Really mean in two-player games.

Maximillian Robespierre + Constitutional Monarchy: The most efficient government upgrade combo in the game. Works best from Despotism.

Frederick Barbarossa + Swordsmen + James Cook + Colony Events: You'll win a bunch of colonies with Barbarossa and swordsmen working together to get you cheap units that you can bid highly with. Finish out with Cook and you'll score a ton and be in good position for the endgame. Hard to pull off, but oh so satisfying.

Isaac Newton + Revolution to a new government: Science starved but still want to declare a revolution and have a civil action? Newton to the rescue! Bonus points if you can chain into something that gives you even more additional civil actions like Justice System.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur Rymanowski
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
Strenght from great wall dont count in colonization bidding.

Also good combo is : wall + 3 warriors + heavy cavalry and khan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Kuehl
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
Zorak wrote:
Strenght from great wall dont count in colonization bidding.

You're right. I'm getting that confused with old Genghis Kahn. Edited to list a similar combo that accomplishes the same general idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gosal
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Mine is Homer + St. Peter's Basilica and Michelangelo
With 2 temples, +6 Culture and Happiness is huge, you can focus on your military while other players trying to bring you down

If I miss out on Michelangelo I will go for Genghis Khan + Great Wall

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Rambo
msg tools
So there are wonders/leaders that are not in the BGO game? I don't see Pope JP II, Sistine Chapel & Parthenon in the BGO game. I only have the 2006 version of TtA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Charlap
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rambo1799 wrote:
So there are wonders/leaders that are not in the BGO game? I don't see Pope JP II, Sistine Chapel & Parthenon in the BGO game. I only have the 2006 version of TtA.

Just the opposite. Those (and other leaders/wonders) were ONLY in the BGO implementation of the old version of the game. Many are expected to appear in the upcoming expansion (though likely with changes), and I would assume that once they are released, they will be available on BGO in the new version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.