6 Posts

Risk: Game of Thrones» Forums » General

Subject: Factions and Characters You'd Like to See in Expansion Sets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt W
msg tools
mb
Would anyone else like to see expansion sets for this game with new faction armies and/or several new character cards? I think they could potentially release 2 expansion sets that include new character cards as well as new army units, which would look something like this:

WAR OF THE FIVE KINGS EXPANSION
House Greyjoy
3 Army Piece: Kraken
Character Cards: Balon Greyjoy, Yara Greyjoy, Theon Greyjoy, Euron Greyjoy.
As one of the Major Houses of the Seven Kingdoms, and the house of one of the five 'kings' in the War of the Five Kings, the Greyjoys really deserve their own army. Although the board only has 2 territories named for the Iron Islands, an expansion could simply include 2 new territory cards for Blacktyde and Great Wyk.

House Tully
3 Army Piece: Trout
Character Cards: Brynden "Blackfish" Tully, Edmure Tully
As one of the Major Houses of the Seven Kingdoms, the Tullys really deserves to be their own faction. Especially since they fought in the War of the Five Kings on the side of the Starks.

House Arryn
3 Army Piece: Bird
Character Cards: Petyr Baelish, Lysa Arryn, Robin Arryn, Yohn Royce
As one of the Major Houses of the Seven Kigdoms, House Arryn deserves its own faction. I mostly would like to see them to have a Petyr Baelish card, but also the Knights of the Vale have started playing a bigger role in the show, having extinguished House Bolton (and Houses Umber and Karstark?)

RED WEDDING / VASSAL EXPANSION
House Bolton
3 Army Piece: Flayed Man
Character Cards: Roose Bolton, Ramsay Bolton, Locke, Jon Umber
Given that House Bolton is made the Warden of the North, they would basically substitute House Stark in terms of turn order and territory (although one could change their seat of power to the Dreadfort, not entirely necessary as they come to rule Winterfell). How awesome would it be to have the flayed man for the 3-army piece?

House Frey
3 Army Piece: Twin Towers
Character Cards: Walder Frey, Stevron Frey, Lothar Frey, "Black Walder" Rivers
Since House Frey replaces House Tully as the Lords of the Riverlands (including Riverrun), they should receive their own faction in any expansion.

CARD-ONLY EXPANSIONS
-Rodrik Cassel (House Stark)
-Jon Umber (aligned Stark)
-Rickard Karstark (aligned Stark)
-Lyanna Mormont (aligned Stark)

-Matthos Seaworth (House Baratheon)
-Imry Florent (aligned Baratheon)

-Geoffrey Baratheon (aligned Lannister)
-Kevan Lannister (House Lannister)
-Sandor Clegane (aligned Lannister)
-Gregor Clegane (aligned Lannister)

-Lady Olynna (House Tyrell)
-Mace Tyrell (House Tyrell)

-Obara Sand (House Martell)
-Tyene Sand (House Martell)
-Nymeria Sand (House Martell)

-Lord Varys (aligned Targaryen)
-Daario Naharis (aligned Targaryen)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I would like a White Walkers expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duarte
Portugal
Ponte de Lima
Ponte de Lima
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiewarrior07 wrote:
Personally, I would like a White Walkers expansion!

With events. That would be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mb
What it really need is scenarios. Have a look at Sean Chick optional rules

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/132455/optional-rules-and...

He has rather misnamed it in my opinion but gives some great ideas for sceanrios. The first page is indeed optional rules, but the subsequent pages are sceanrios and set ups for replicating specific periods in the GoT history, eg Battle of the 5 Kings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Erin go Bragh! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind words. I named the file "optional rules" because those are what mattered most to me. The scenarios were a little after thought. I did change the title just now though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt W
msg tools
mb
It's too bad no one has made 3-army pieces based on the other houses' sigils on Shapeways yet. Would be trivially easy with a 3D printer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.