Blue Dino Studio
United States
Sudbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
RAWR!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/138991

I know I'm interested, but it almost makes me wonder if CSI knows something we don't. FFG has been dropping some pretty big reveals leading up to Gencon....

What to do!? surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
not_a_cylon wrote:

I know I'm interested, but it almost makes me wonder if CSI knows something we don't. FFG has been dropping some pretty big reveals leading up to Gencon....

What to do!? surprise

I had the exact same thought. Cosmic Encounter was their Daily Deal yesterday....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent DePonte
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Yup, first thing I thought when I saw this was that they just confirmed 4th edition is on its way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not_a_cylon wrote:

What to do!? surprise

It was literally just reprinted last month so I'll be extremely surprised if there's a new edition of this one coming out.

Even though it's already back in stock everywhere, you can scroll down and see that the "on the boat" notification is still on their upcoming page:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FellintoOblivion wrote:
Yup, first thing I thought when I saw this was that they just confirmed 4th edition is on its way.

Yup...probably Star Wars themed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Dino Studio
United States
Sudbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
RAWR!
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
not_a_cylon wrote:

What to do!? surprise

It was literally just reprinted last month so I'll be extremely surprised if there's a new edition of this one coming out.

Even though it's already back in stock everywhere, you can scroll down and see that the "on the boat" notification is still on their upcoming page:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

Maybe they were sneaky, and the ones on the boat ARE 4th Ed. cool

...I guess I'll snag up the sale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
yatescory wrote:
FellintoOblivion wrote:

Don't even joke about this. My mind and wallet would explode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan
badge
If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikehouserock wrote:
yatescory wrote:
FellintoOblivion wrote:

Right? I can complain all day about the never ending stream of Star Wars themed games, but considering I throw my money at them every time something new is released I'm not giving them much incentive to invest in other IPs at the moment.

TI3E has sat on my shelf shelf and only played it once in the two years I've owned it, but if they released a Star Wars themed edition I'd preorder the damn thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh B
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
To this day, TI3 remains one of the most memorable games I have ever played. Haven't played a game since 2009, and yet despite the passage of seven years, I still remember in vivid detail all three games of it I played that year.

Considering I often struggle to remember what I had for lunch, I consider that high praise indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Tom Vasel did predict several years go that TI 4th ed. would be announced, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What surprises me the most is that they keep this game in print, if only for the reason that at $89.95 MSRP and made with their old standards, it embarrasses their other productions that they have out there for $100 MSRP.

One of the best games ever, though, and you should definitely pick this up for nearly the same online price you can get their new Ra (LOL.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ikehouserock wrote:
yatescory wrote:
FellintoOblivion wrote:

I still have not heard a single person clamoring for this explain how a Star Wars retheme would work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xpiredsodapop wrote:
Well Tom Vasel did predict several years go that TI 4th ed. would be announced, lol.

As stated elsewhere, I think the issue is would a new edition sell more than the current edition enough to justify the development of it? Add in it being roughly the same play time? Forbidden Stars didn't really trim time off of Starcraft. Having played TI3, I'm not sure a faster play is really better. I just don't see that many more people getting into TI4 simply because it is a new edition. I think the only way it happens is an Imperial Twilight with the role selection which helped solidify the game as part of the base game. But again, TI3 sells well enough I'm not sure FFG is all that concerned with making a new edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Allen

New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given today is the start of GenCon, any clue if FFG would announce anything new today? Don't want to jump in if its going to be an old version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, this would be way more tempting if they did a deal for the base game and expansions as they have been doing with other games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
Ikehouserock wrote:
yatescory wrote:
FellintoOblivion wrote:

I still have not heard a single person clamoring for this explain how a Star Wars retheme would work.

Doesn't Rebellion already kind of fill the Star Wars mega-game niche?

Besides, Star Wars has always been about Empire vs. Rebels. It really isn't the type of thing you'd do a multi-faction 4X game with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DailyRich wrote:
Idaho11 wrote:
Ikehouserock wrote:
yatescory wrote:
FellintoOblivion wrote:

Doesn't Rebellion already kind of fill the Star Wars mega-game niche?

Besides, Star Wars has always been about Empire vs. Rebels. It really isn't the type of thing you'd do a multi-faction 4X game with.

Exactly. People keep champing at the bit for this, despite the game not really working with the Star Wars mythos, unless you REALLY stretch it, or go to an era that very few people know/care about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
Ikehouserock wrote:
yatescory wrote:
FellintoOblivion wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rudy rudell
msg tools
bah just missed the sale, now sold out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.