Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Rahdo run through, there was a note saying that it was illegal to place a tile with a settlement next to another tile with a settlement. However, that run through had nothing about enemy ships and dead vikings so I figure the rules have been tweaked somewhat. Is this still a rule? There is nothing about illegal placement of tiles containing settlements in the rulebook. However, if you had a mega settlement island that could produce a lot of points if you've got an army of vikings there ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Douglas. The note you're thinking of in the video was for Outposts (Each Tile can only be connected to 1 Outpost of any player colour).

There's no rules about placing Settlements next to each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW! That was a hugely fast reply! Thanks so much. We actually played the first two games on Tuesday and finished the third today so we will play the Runesaga later on tonight! It's great. I'm playing with Japanese uni students and international study abroad students. Games are the perfect weight and time scale! Really having fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Have fun with Runesaga. Glad to hear you're enjoying Explorers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How could you already enjoy Explorers/Runesaga? Did I miss anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Some orders already shipped out direct from Hong Kong. Mainly across Asia and parts of South America.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, good for them. I will just wait and hope for the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry, you'll surely get it in time, it's just a thing with international shipping from China. The kickstarter for Raiders was the same, I got it in South America almost 5 weeks before the European/US backers got theirs. Something about shippings and customs being less problematic from HK to Colombia.

On a related note, thanks to this thread I'm gonna start pestering a friend hourly with messages until our group pledge arrives
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry - didn't realise we had got everything early!! I've been so frustrated with Mare Nostrum not arriving for FOREVER that I was gobsmacked when the Runesaga was delivered! Playing all three does need a little time investment but I've enjoyed it twice so far and the newbies are picking it all up very quickly! It's all good! Raiders did have one less white viking than there should have been but that has been since replaced with a 1 yen coin (signed by the charitable giver!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about the missing Viking. I'll send you one tomorrow. Two times through Runesaga already? Well done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW!! Thanks for the viking! Cheers! The first run through we stupidly thought that we could also use the powers of the runes that you won at the end of Shipwrights and Raiders, which gave a HUGE advantage to the winners but, after reading the rules properly (ahem) we had a much more balanced game!Raiders is definitely my weaker game though - get too caught up raiding harbours! Explorers makes grown men kids as they try to force tiles into positions that are illegal - makes for a great chorus of "NO! NO! NO!" every time the tiles get re-positioned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, well... Mare Nostrum -.- Still waiting... I am waiting patiently for my Runesaga. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Martin
United States
Parkland
Washington
flag msg tools
I just wanted to clarify a rule. A tile can only be adjacent to one outpost. So outposts will always have at least two tiles between them?

Also there is no limit to the number of outposts on an island so long as they are properly spaced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shem Phillips
New Zealand
Waikanae
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kjelstad wrote:
So outposts will always have at least two tiles between them?

Not exactly. Two adjacent tiles can still have an Outpost each. A single tile cannot have more than 1 Outpost placed on it.

Kjelstad wrote:
Also there is no limit to the number of outposts on an island so long as they are properly spaced?

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Martin
United States
Parkland
Washington
flag msg tools
The outpost is placed on the cross section. I just looked at the rulebook again. Now this rule makes sense. As does the location of the two vikings. We were picking a corner and not placing next the tile we placed on.

That and walking each livestock off of the boat were the only two mistakes we made and still had a great time. One of the better games I have backed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.