Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » Variants

Subject: House Rule / New Card: Imperial Orbital Bombardment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daniel bullen
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
So my lovely lady and I were talking about Space Marines (since she has recently painted one) and I commented how 40k Space Marines often drop in on "primitive worlds"...

New card in the search/encounter deck: Imperial Orbital Bombardment
Roll 1d6 for every zone on the board, on a 6 everything in that zone is obliterated. Next round a space marine grav-chutes in... (now to come up with ZBP attributes for Space Marines and work out how they interact with the PCs)...

Possibly the vino is contributing to this concept...

d3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fiala
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You could set them up as their own sort of Abomination, using the Abomination rules. Sort of an Abomination with a ranged attack like the Deadeye walkers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
msg tools
Rolling a d6 for every zone on the board would take a really long time. You could simplify it by rolling a d6 for each tile and then each zone on the tile if you roll a 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let's see: assuming said marine is a hero.
Starts with: space marine kit:

Space marine kit includes: power armor, bolter, bolt pistol.
Power armor: 2+ with rerolls (you my elect to only reroll failed dice), can save vs aboms.
Bolter: range 1-3, 4 dice, hits on 3s, power 3
Bolt pistol: 0-1, 2 dice, hits on 3s, power 3. Shots with this weapon do not hit friendly models on a miss.

Skills:
Blue: starts with space marine kit.
Orange: one free combat action, bloodlust
Red: regeneration, free combat action, free move action.

That sounds about right for a genetically engineered super soldier from the grim darkness of the far future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hoodwink99 wrote:
Rolling a d6 for every zone on the board would take a really long time. You could simplify it by rolling a d6 for each tile and then each zone on the tile if you roll a 6.

I agree, especially when it comes to really large maps.

I'd go a step further though, and say that only 1 zone in a given tile would get a drop, because Space Marines will seriously up the difficulty.

I'd probably go with something like:

Roll 1D6 for each tile. The first tile to get a '6' is the target. Then roll 2 additional D6s, the first determines which "Column" the zone will be, the second determines which "Row". (1-2 = 1, 3-4 = 2, 5-6 = 3).

There are roughly three columns and three rows on each tile, so cross reference and place the drop in the most logical location.

A basic card might look like this:

Red = 3 Space Marines
Orange = 2 Space Marines
Yellow = 1 Space Marine
Blue = "Whew" (0 Space Marines)

From there, additional cards could tweak the difficulty up or down.

Now, all of that said, I feel that Space Marines would be likely seeking Necromancers, so they may well be prioritizing them on their patrol. I'd also think that, unless engaged by the Party, they would probably take off within a round or two if there were no Necromancers or Abominations to target.

Otherwise they may well hunt the board clear way too quickly and be very difficult for the Party to eliminate. Which risks turning the game into something other than Z:BP.

Just my 2 Darseks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel bullen
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
"risks turning the game into something other than Z:BP" LOL

Yes, well, it really was only a light-hearted Riesling inspired idea...

d3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d3nial wrote:

d3

Hey, I'm firmly in the camp that loudly proclaims; "The game is yours, play it the way that makes it the most fun for your group."

So, definitely not knocking the creativity of the concept. And, getting one's other-half to invest in some way is always a plus as well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought your post title was an alternate title for a Holy Hand Grenade card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Courneya
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
You could assign each tile a number and then roll a d6 (or d10 depending on how many tiles). The marine spawns in a random zone on the tile that was rolled. That way it would guarantee a spawn but wouldn't flood the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
d3nial wrote:

d3

Don't drink and drive your keyboard.

And stay away from auction sites !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel bullen
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
QorDaq wrote:
d3nial wrote:

d3

Hey, I'm firmly in the camp that loudly proclaims; "The game is yours, play it the way that makes it the most fun for your group."

So, definitely not knocking the creativity of the concept. And, getting one's other-half to invest in some way is always a plus as well!

Best of all, she tried painting minis and she loves it! 8)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the Holy Hand Grenade is covered quite nicely with the Dragon Bile + Torch.

I would love to see a vorpal rabbit and some Knights who say "Ni", though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dakkadakka1 wrote:
I believe the Holy Hand Grenade is covered quite nicely with the Dragon Bile + Torch.

I would love to see a vorpal rabbit and some Knights who say "Ni", though.

Someone did post (Though I don't recall who), a Holy Hand Grenade card around here somewhere. It does exactly what you are suggesting.

As to the Vorpal rabbit, GG went nuts with special abominations for S1, so they (Or I suppose CMoN now), will be looking for Big Bad Bosses for S2... Could happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.