Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have just had a test play against myself to nut out the rules, and it seems pretty simple (the game is like Legendary with a spacial/territory element--but that is not a bad thing), but I just kept gaining VP every turn from the sites I occupied, and very quickly acquired the entire supply of VP tokens, so I am guessing I am doing something wrong.

Do you not receive VP at the end of every player turn for sites you control? So you gain VP on the first turn from your starting site, and every site you control,not just the biggy sites that have the flippable tokens?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Gaining vp from sites
You only get VPs for the tokens, and then only if you have total control. The other sites give you VPs only based on the state of the board at end of game.

In my experience you get control of one or two of these sites most of the time and you rarely get total control of more than one at a time (having total control somewhere is a huge spy magnet).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you played something wrong here

rulebook, pg. 10 section "sites"

"2. VP value (note: refering to the printed VP values on the board). The VP value at the end of the game for the player who controls the site"

rulebook, pg. 8 section "your turn"

"2. Gain VP for your site control markers"

As you only get those markers on their VP site when you fully controlled a site that has a marker, there is actually not that many VPs to be gained, so I guess you may be playing something wrong here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Points printed on the board are only earned at the end of the game. You also only earn the 2vp bonus for total control of a site at the end of the game.

When you have total control of one of the "circle sites" you earn the points, (in the form of VP chits) printed on the circular token you have for controlling that site at the end of each turn. You earn those each time your turn ends as long as you retain total control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Australia
Greenmount
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Awesome. Thanks for all the clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
Keep in mind you don't need total control for the influence bonus, just regular control. It's a good idea to take the major sites near your starting point as early as possible, because +2 influence on every turn is huge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On my first game I was playing against two casual deckbuilder players and one newbie. By the time they realized how important those control markers were, I had four of them. (Spies + Supplant FTW.)

They won't do that mistake again.

There's (Number of Players * 2) - 1 control markers in play so you should be playing to get two, on average. Getting a third one is a huge advantage. Being on one means you are probably a bit behind, unless there's enough fighting over territory that more markers are out of control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.