Darkness Sabotage» Forums » General

Subject: 16 Hours To Go And I'm Seriously Considering Cancelling My Pledge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The silence is making me think I need to cancel my pledge.

It feels like I've pledge for a surprise with this one. I thought more details would come out and they haven't.

If someone wants me to support them with funding, they'd better be clear and actively promoting their product.

The photos a great; the minis are awesome, but they're all general details. Nothing too specific.

Am I being paranoid?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Desferous wrote:
Am I being paranoid?

Nope.
If I feel the slightest bit of concern I would bail and I have a few times.
At the end of the day it's your money that's at risk and if the games good you will buy it retail with a chance of saving money compared to the Kickstarter.
But that's just me.

(I got burned with Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I did too, and this is reminding me a lot of that.

I really want to support, but I'm not seeing enough of the game to feel comfortable.

If no one from the campaign responds, I'm out.

Not as a demand, but I want to see a commitment to clarity. I guess it's funded at this point so earning trust doesn't matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluid Karma
msg tools
mb
I did it, too. I went back to 1 $, because the pledge description says EXACTLY what I feel: I am afraid of the dark (that is the lots of questions about the gameplay) and want to wait what comes out of it.

I really wanted to love this game, but after dealing a lot with everything thats available on the campaign, my guts just told me it's wrong to go all in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dropped this one due to a combination of funds and the fact that Deep Madness looks very similar but with more appealing miniatures. It also comes out later which means I may actually be able to back it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm currently in for everything but am seriously considering dropping to $1 (giving the company a chance to sort out reviews etc before the PM) so I totally understand your feelings about this.

It's not alarm bells time but it's unfortunate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Morris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was actually looking through and I see 30 updates from the creator since project launch and 3 responses from the creator in the comments in just the last 22 hours.

I'm not understanding the hesitation and concern about silence from the creator on this one.

Granted, I've not been following very closely, so maybe I'm missing something.

EDIT: Clarity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
To clarify, we're not worried about general creator communication, but about specific issues - he hasn't said a word about the gameplay issue since about two weeks ago when he told us we'd be getting a full rulebook and a detailed game overview. So basically instead of being excited for a game we understand and have faith in, we're confused about a game we know nothing about except that it's gorgeous and rad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed for just the base game. Supposedly they are going top be sending me something (I assume enough to play a mission or tw) in presser top do a review video. The downside is that it looks like they only have the one prototype at this point, so it was never going to be sent out during the campaign.

Lots of cool looking add ons, but they jack the price up very quickly. I will wait and see what happens before going all in, but I feel relatively safe with just a core pledge for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Zube
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Genestealer1969 wrote:
Biggest deal for me was the render only miniatures. After the Project ELITE fiasco I'm a bit shy at pulling the trigger on games only showing renders.

Well, technically you can see the minis in all of their videos, so they have to have produced some at the quality level apparent there. The videos aren't high definition or anything, but they have made physical versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Heath
United States
Bloomfield
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I did Cancel, something just didn't feel right to me. The game does look good though, maybe get it later after BGG reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heathenjr wrote:
Well I did Cancel, something just didn't feel right to me. The game does look good though, maybe get it later after BGG reviews.

I hope to have some sort of video review up before the game is released. Dez offered to send me some stuff after he wasn't so busy with things, so we will see.

In the very least, I figured it was worth the investment just for the miniatures. Even if the game doesn't turn out to be that great, those awesome miniatures will be really cool to have on the shelf and will likely see use in other games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmb
heathenjr wrote:

Didn't cancel as the game sounds sound but I did drop my pledge to $1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ender02 wrote:
heathenjr wrote:

I hope to have some sort of video review up before the game is released. Dez offered to send me some stuff after he wasn't so busy with things, so we will see.

In the very least, I figured it was worth the investment just for the miniatures. Even if the game doesn't turn out to be that great, those awesome miniatures will be really cool to have on the shelf and will likely see use in other games.

That'd be great to see - I still suspect this might be worth a punt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fitzgerald Limisella
msg tools
Just out of curiosity (and a silly question) but how do you cancel your pledge? Do you contact them and ask to cancel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before the campaign ends, you can go in manage your pledge. One of the options is to cancel.

I set it for $1. If they get organized and put out more information, I can swap up to a higher pledge level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fitzgerald Limisella
msg tools
Desferous wrote:
Before the campaign ends, you can go in manage your pledge. One of the options is to cancel.

I set it for $1. If they get organized and put out more information, I can swap up to a higher pledge level.

Thanks for that, but now that the campaign has ended, how do I go about changing/cancelling the pledge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolspidey wrote:
Desferous wrote:

Thanks for that, but now that the campaign has ended, how do I go about changing/cancelling the pledge?

You can't.
Once the money has been taken out of your account it's gone unless they offer refunds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fitzgerald Limisella
msg tools
Right sure. Thanks for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coolspidey wrote:
Right sure. Thanks for that.

It depends on how they have things set up. Most companies will allow you to get a full refund within 30 days of the close of the campaign. After that, Kickstarter takes their cut of the money and even if the company does offer a refund, it is usually minus the KS fees after that point.

that is if they even allow refunds to begin with.

So far, I liked everything that I have seen about the game. I will definitely be sticking with it for the long haul. I an trying to get some stuff to play a few demo games and do a video review of here in the coming months. Dez said I would get something eventually, but never specified what or when. Hopefully that should help those who were on the fence decide if the game is for them or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.