$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 68.27

4,763 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
30% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
While the news of the moment is about unforced errors and a campaign in disarray, Trump has raised a ton of money, mostly online and mostly from small donors.

It suggests that whether or not Trump is actually losing independent voters with his recent statements he still has strong support from his base and that he'll be able to compete in media in the battleground states.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW , that is crazy shit. I have yet to see any commercials for Trump, but he gets more airtime then Hillary does.

One advantage Trump has that seems to be overlooked is ISIS. Trumps call for a ban on unfetter radical Islamic immigration plays well with most Americans and every time there is an attack somewhere in the world, Trump picks up a few voters.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now Trumo can use the money to pay back the loan he gave to his campaign while still hav8ng reapped the rewards of paying his own busineses to host campaign events.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Trump is attracting the support of the "little guy" and Hillary is attracting the support of the millionaires and billionaires and corporations?

Huh. Imagine that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
So, Trump is attracting the support of the "little guy" and Hillary is attracting the support of the millionaires and billionaires and corporations?

Huh. Imagine that.


It may be all those Bern-outs, realizing they are going to need jobs to pay back their college loans.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
So, Trump is attracting the support of the "little guy" and Hillary is attracting the support of the millionaires and billionaires and corporations?

Huh. Imagine that.


It may be all those Bern-outs, realizing they are going to need jobs to pay back their college loans.


Well, it strikes me that this is a complete inversion of the established narrative that Democrats are the party for the poor, benighted little guy and the Republicans are the party of the evil rich.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
WOW , that is crazy shit. I have yet to see any commercials for Trump, but he gets more airtime then Hillary does.

One advantage Trump has that seems to be overlooked is ISIS. Trumps call for a ban on unfetter radical Islamic immigration plays well with most Americans and every time there is an attack somewhere in the world, Trump picks up a few voters.

We are only one terrorist attack on US soil away from president Trump.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
So, Trump is attracting the support of the "little guy" and Hillary is attracting the support of the millionaires and billionaires and corporations?

Huh. Imagine that.


It may be all those Bern-outs, realizing they are going to need jobs to pay back their college loans.


Well, it strikes me that this is a complete inversion of the established narrative that Democrats are the party for the poor, benighted little guy and the Republicans are the party of the evil rich.


Just to pop the bubble. Stats thrown around recently have hillary getting about 10x the number of 'small donars' that Trump is.

He is getting more than expected, but still not a lot.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
WOW , that is crazy shit. I have yet to see any commercials for Trump, but he gets more airtime then Hillary does.

One advantage Trump has that seems to be overlooked is ISIS. Trumps call for a ban on unfetter radical Islamic immigration plays well with most Americans and every time there is an attack somewhere in the world, Trump picks up a few voters.

We are only one terrorist attack on US soil away from president Trump.


Frighteningly true.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Crickets
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There's something really sad about a bunch of working schlubs sending their money off to a billionaire because they hate Clinton/liberals/Muslims/immigrants/etc. that much.

Granted, it's equally sad that Clinton is likely getting a number of donations from people as what is essentially ransom money to ensure that a mentally ill demagogue doesn't become President.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Yaure
United States
Plymouth Meeting
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are unofficial, unaudited numbers.

Quote:
The numbers released by the Trump campaign Wednesday are preliminary; official figures — including money spent on direct mail, which is typically expensive, and a precise breakdown of total cash raised in small increments — will become available when Mr. Trump and Mrs. Clinton file formal reports with the Federal Election Commission this month.


http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/us/politics/trump-fundrais...

If you believe there is any actual truth behind these numbers, you have fallen for another of the snake oil salesman's stories.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Les Marshall
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
WOW , that is crazy shit. I have yet to see any commercials for Trump, but he gets more airtime then Hillary does.

One advantage Trump has that seems to be overlooked is ISIS. Trumps call for a ban on unfetter radical Islamic immigration plays well with most Americans and every time there is an attack somewhere in the world, Trump picks up a few voters.

We are only one terrorist attack on US soil away from president Trump.


The ISIS bridge to fascism in America.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
So, Trump is attracting the support of the "little guy" and Hillary is attracting the support of the millionaires and billionaires and corporations?

Huh. Imagine that.


It may be all those Bern-outs, realizing they are going to need jobs to pay back their college loans.


Well, it strikes me that this is a complete inversion of the established narrative that Democrats are the party for the poor, benighted little guy and the Republicans are the party of the evil rich.


Jokes aside, isn't it also often a difference between urban and rural poor?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
And we know why we hate small donors - because that's real people with real votes contributing to a campaign.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.