$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 67.95

4,746 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
29.9% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Giga-Robo!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Activation of Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Hatchel
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
How do I get cards from my hand into my cooldown zone activated? Can I pay the Fighting Spirit cost and place it in my cooldown zone activated? Is using a special ability to "cheat" cards into the cooldown zone activated the only route?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DataCat wrote:
How do I get cards from my hand into my cooldown zone activated? Can I pay the Fighting Spirit cost and place it in my cooldown zone activated? Is using a special ability to "cheat" cards into the cooldown zone activated the only route?


That's a good question! I had to search the rules for that one. Page 7:

"[after all cards are resolved] You and your opponent must place your used cards into Cooldown and resolve any effects. If your card was Successful and has the Activated keyword, place it vertically into your Cooldown Meter and its Activated effects are immediately active. Otherwise, it is Deactivated, and placed horizontally, having no effect on gameplay."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the posted card stats might not include keywords, and the "Activated" keyword is the trick of it.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hatchel
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Thank you Nate! I had found that line of text last night but wasn't fully groking it. Makes sense now. I was wondering if I was missing information in the posted stats or maybe it wasn't currently there.
Cool, so for example, I close on my opponent with ShinOkami, pay 14 FS for Wrath of the Lone Wolf, if sucessful, WotLW goes into my third cooldown slot activated and my opponent's panic tokens don't shift for at least three turns. (assuming that WotLW contains the activated keyword)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oblivion Doll
New Zealand
flag msg tools
From the way the text is written on the google doc, I think the panic tokens still move 3 -> 2 -> 1, but instead of disappearing, they stop at 1. Also, when you have an ability that powerful on your cooldown bar, power surges become a lot more fun!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hammerschlag
United States
Chicago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
obliviondoll wrote:
panic tokens still move 3 -> 2 -> 1, but instead of disappearing, they stop at 1. Also, when you have an ability that powerful on your cool down bar, power surges become a lot more fun!


Correct - panic won't leave your opponent's 1 spot until Lone Wolf's Wrath! is either (1) deactivated or (2) goes back into your hand.

And to your other point, certain robots might want to play with power surges for that very reason. Like Chogoking and his fire, can be a dangerous, but rewarding, mini-game to play.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hatchel
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
schlagamuffin wrote:
obliviondoll wrote:
panic tokens still move 3 -> 2 -> 1, but instead of disappearing, they stop at 1. Also, when you have an ability that powerful on your cool down bar, power surges become a lot more fun!


Correct - panic won't leave your opponent's 1 spot until Lone Wolf's Wrath! is either (1) deactivated or (2) goes back into your hand.

And to your other point, certain robots might want to play with power surges for that very reason. Like Chogoking and his fire, can be a dangerous, but rewarding, mini-game to play.


I may have been looking for ways to pick up surge tokens to prolong the use of Wrath of the Lone Wolf in addition to spamming panic inducing attacks. 5 panic tokens seems like a good goal. Hell Hound's Howl looks like it will start feeling god at x equal 5. Though looking over the card, it has a listed damage of 3, so if x=5 does 5 replace the 3, or is total damage 8?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Hammerschlag
United States
Chicago
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DataCat wrote:
Though looking over the card, it has a listed damage of 3, so if x=5 does 5 replace the 3, or is total damage 8?


The card text reads: X=the amount of Panic in your opponent's Cooldown Meter. Inflict damage+X.

Damage is what's listed for the card, plus X which is Panic in this instance, so 8.

This does roll only one attack die so you better have CA or some Power Dice to add. Even with low or no Fighting Spirit from 5 panic you would have placed already, the Robots with 2 defense dice have a 60% chance to block a vanilla Hell Hound's Howl!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.