Axis & Allies: 1942» Forums » Rules

Subject: Operation Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tássio Tavares
Brazil
flag msg tools
Good morning friends,
I would like to take some questions about the game handling rules.

1) Aircraft Movement: I wonder if during the movement of air units, when flying over a sea zone and will enter the terrestrial area, the transition can be diagonally? (Ie: a bomber leaves the UK, SZ 8, SZ 13, SZ 14, enters the territory of Italy for the diagonal, makes a strategic bomber, SZ 15, and lands in Egypt, also passing through the diagonal).

2) Aircraft Movement: A strategic bomber can fly over enemy territory to conduct a strategic bomber? If so, it can only fly over territories without AA or anyone?

3) Islands Aircraft Movement: A fighter who is on an island, which is within a Sea Zone is part of the maritime area or is another separate territory? (Ie: 1 game in the US West, flies to SZ 56 after SZ 57, SZ 59, SZ 51, landing in Okinawa).

4) Units of Landing: I can embark on the ship units Transport and landed them on a diagonal territory to the sea zone that I am? (Ie: Embark on the SZ 11, move to SZ 12, SZ 13, landing in France).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No movement may be done diagonally. Spaces that meet only at a single point are not adjacent - they must share a common border.

2) Air units may fly over any territories, friendly or hostile.

3) Islands are separate spaces from the sea zone they are inside. It costs one movement point for an air unit to enter the island from the sea zone or to enter the sea zone from the island.

4) No. See 1, above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tássio Tavares
Brazil
flag msg tools
Thank you for the quick response, thank it.

I got one more little doubt only. You said the air units can move because any territory, friend or hostile. Even in hostile territory, there Antiaircraft Gun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. AAA only fire at air units when they attack the territory the AAA is in. They do not fire at air units that are just "passing through".

Also, in the 2nd edition rules (which I assume you're using because of your map references), AAA only defend against attacks on combat units. Industrial complexes have their own built-in defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tássio Tavares
Brazil
flag msg tools
Yes, I have the 2nd edition.
Thanks too there by the rules Kevin Chapman
Big hug,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.