Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple Actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Wright
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I have realized in the few playthroughs we've done that sometimes it's slipped that each Action was done instead of only two. Now we've only done one of each Action only...if it was permitted. (Say on a supply planet, Buy, Deal, Work then Fly for example). Only playing two players, I don't see an issue doing this if that particular example comes up as long as the same Action isnt done twice in one turn. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it means a longer wait between turns for players who aren't the active one. And there's more of a chance for a leading player to achieve things without anyone else being able to interfere. Not sure I see the advantage really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Wright
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Firedrake wrote:
Well, it means a longer wait between turns for players who aren't the active one. And there's more of a chance for a leading player to achieve things without anyone else being able to interfere. Not sure I see the advantage really.

I do see the point especially maybe if it's "endgame" and it's down to finishing a Goal or similar. Turn length I'm not worried about (playing 2 players). However that might be offset if the opposing player is moving NPC ships in our variant/house rule play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Lamb

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the turns will be longer, but only because you're actually accomplishing more at one time.

I'm wondering if this speeds the game up overall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Harbinjer wrote:
I'm wondering if this speeds the game up overall.

I'm going to speculate that this↑ would not be the case at all. In general, when players are given more options per turn, there are more AP inducing situations, especially since the game state will be altered all that much more by the time your turn rolls around. And as stated above, the wait time between turns would be increased to an unpleasant level. Honestly, turns are quite long enough already, especially when a player goes for a fly action that deals with several nav cards and their effects.

And I imagine that the game will take on even more of a multiplayer solitaire flavor than it already has. Being able to accomplish more on each turn also reduces the likelihood of players affecting each others' plans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.