Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Perry
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Here are some pictures of some of the new releases with cards.

http://imgur.com/a/CLI24

I'm not at Gen Con yet but from what I am hearing they are either $20 or $25 each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Demian
United States
Issaquah
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

My first time to GenCon but wont be there until tomorrow - do things tend to sell out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John di Battista
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
That will teach me to ever buy the figures again. Any word if the cards will be available without the minis? Also available on the KDM store for those of us who can't attend the con?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Cohen
United States
Shrewsbury Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are killing me with this pin up game content. I have no hope of getting a complete game if these are going to be upwards of $20 each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Meenachan
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
“I am both terrified and reassured to know that there are still wonders in the universe, that we have not yet explained everything.” - G'kar
badge
"Oh what? Are you saying I'm NOT a male man? Is that what you're trying to say? I'm not male. I'm not a man? Is that...is that what you're getting at??" - Dipper
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, being an early adopter of the pinups is apparently a big mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CaGeRit wrote:
That will teach me to ever buy the figures again. Any word if the cards will be available without the minis? Also available on the KDM store for those of us who can't attend the con?
Yeah, seriously, that's pretty irritating, esp. since there'll be a ton of people out there who have allison and the white speaker already, since the former was in a bundle and both were survivor bonuses.

Some neat items, but I was just complaining about how pricey the content to price ratio was for some other games and talking about all the content you get for KD when you get a new kit, so seeing these so spread out doesn't breed any love for KD :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Store still shows just the expansions. I wonder if the pinup sales have fallen, so he is throwing in game content in order to boost pinup sales to people that play the game. I admit I ended up buying the Christmas pinup just for the game content, the pinup model will probably sit there unassembled. I love the game, and the game miniatures, but the pinups do not interest me at all, other than getting the game content if it is included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh. I was going to save so much money not buying the content-less releases, but now they just throw one or two cards in there and I'm going to spend $20-25 on each of them because I'm weak. Damn it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I don't mind rebuying hard plastic redone models that now have some game content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boehm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I gotta admit I do feel really screwed over to see stuff I've bought a while ago being re-issued with in-game cards thrown in.

I am NOT buying a new version of a model I already had just to get 1 or 2 new gear cards.

I am also seriously leaning away from buying any new models that are issued without in-game content from now on, because of the potential for getting screwed over in the future like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, for the most part I've enjoyed building and painting my resins. I'd consider buying the plastic versions if there have been slight revisions to the figure (better contact points?) in addition to the new gear.

On the plus side I can keep the delicate stuff out of kids' reach, whereas the plastics I have no qualms leaving out to get used in games.

Just let us stuck at jobs or at home buy the new stuff!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Charles, yeah, entirely possible that that's why.

Personally, if it's the right mix of mini I like and rules I like, that's obvious; with the rest... IDK, I'll probably just proxy the gear. I've already formatted some cards for ones that I don't like enough to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheshiremonkey wrote:
I don't mind rebuying hard plastic redone models that now have some game content.
What about already released plastics being re-bundled?

Because, that's the difference for me- I'm very happy with a few of my extra-nice resins where I have a plastic copy with game content, but I already have 4 of these models in plastic, so it's 100% duplicate, plus cards that are frankly of a much lower quality than the core content.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
I can sort of understand why everyone's upset about the new plastic kits with content, but Poots has never said he would release content for any resin models, and they're clearly marked as "collector's" items.

This is precisely why I held off from ever buying resins - because if any game content for them was going to come out, it was going to be alongside plastic figures. It would never make sense to release game content for limited run collector's figures that only a couple hundred people could get their hands on.

I'm super excited about all the new plastics! All that sweet, sweet new content, and models I don't have to put in the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devlyn McConnell
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
It's a shame that they are putting things up as exclusives for this convention. A lot of people with expendable income are going to miss out and have to buy from Resellers/Scalpers to buy these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Akeley
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got to buy them all! Thanks for posting!

Some of these look like real expansions. With hunt events and fighting arts...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
This is a good way to combat the forgeries increase we have seen. After all who wants a model without the rules?

Clever Poots, very clever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Enurta wrote:
It's a shame that they are putting things up as exclusives for this convention. A lot of people with expendable income are going to miss out and have to buy from Resellers/Scalpers to buy these.

Where does it say they're convention exclusives? I haven't seen that anywhere.

They're more likely just convention debuts - the Sci-Fi Twilight Knight that was released at GenCon last year went up in the Kingdom Death store a couple weeks later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John di Battista
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
True. I'd wait a couple of weeks after the con before looking into scalpers. I bet we will see a store release. I just don't want to buy the 5 models I already own to get the gear. The others though. Want want want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien
msg tools
I personally would love to see the Warrior of the Sun (Male) in plastic, with or without additional cards.

I own the resin one, and while I love it to death, I would never game with it - its just too damn fragile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
Is anyone willing to do a proxy buy for me and then posting to the UK?

Can offer a 30mm base miniature painted as a thank you for the help. Although no 'flying dragon King on 30mm base shenanigans'

Here is my blog for examples

http://rusty-warriors.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Patrick
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RustyVbT wrote:
Is anyone willing to do a proxy buy for me and then posting to the UK?

Can offer a 30mm base miniature painted as a thank you for the help. Although no 'flying dragon King on 30mm base shenanigans'

Here is my blog for examples

http://rusty-warriors.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Fantastic work. I'd definitely proxy buy for you if I were there just to get a painted figure from you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captn_Winkle .
msg tools
I truly hope they come out with cards sold separately, because as much as many hard core collectors/painters will say "he never said he wouldn't release them again with game content" it is still not cool for those of us that help his business purchasing his product. It is called customer loyalty/service, so I think he should come out with card only expansions. MANY of us don't have the need to have the resin, then plastic, then plastic with cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Captn_Winkle wrote:
It is called customer loyalty/service
this :/

I knew what I was getting in to, buying resin so am completely fine with those, but am pretty unhappy about the plastic content having what feels like a bait & switch, esp. in the case of minis that came with the Survivor pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.