Justice League: Hero Dice – Superman» Forums » Reviews

Subject: First Plays and a review rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First game today, tried Superman as I bought both current boxes Superman and Batman.

I scored 11 out of 20 which in solo ranks as Action Hero (just) and one down from the top, not bad for a first game. Out of 5 ranks getting rank 2 is pretty good.

The game plays very simple and very fast, the deck is small so goes through fairly fast. In one sence Id preffer the deck to have twice as many cards and the victory goals adjusted to suit, however I guess thats the whole idea behind combining additional sets so in a 4 player game the deck would be much bigger.

The depth is not massive, but the choices still make you feel in control. With Superman, choosing when to play his cards and which dice to re-roll does add the control factor.

For a quick 15min dice game it is fun and for the small price compared to other games, it is very much worth it and surprisingly self contained for such a small box of componnents.

I can see this getting a lot of play. Not for full game nights, but as a very often filler between other games, at the end of other games and when you simply dont have much time.
I imagine playing 2-handed with the batman set will be another experience altogether

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also want to add:

Second play, 9 was scored, Valiant Hero and essentially 3rd place out of 5

I then had 2 games of the batman set before then combining for a two-handed solo game, all of which is detailed in the forum section for the batman game (go see it please ) The duo game had a completely different feel to it

One thing about the game components I want to add is that Tom Vassells nice review says the dice are stickered and as far as I can tell they are NOT, they seem to be printed dice to me, as-in printed direct onto the surface, so not stickers, but also not impregnated. The printing to me seems very high quality.
Also, the card quality feels very stiff and shiny, a bit above what you normally get for a CCG or LCG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.