Subject: What Mini boss do you use for the Insects? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get a bad darkness card that converts two captains to a mini boss, which one do you put on the board?

For the grubbers/muckers I think it is a Razorfiend, right?

For the Elementals, which one do you use?

Does anyone use agents, and if so, in what context? Do you just pull up a tile, slam down an agent, and play, or is it in the context of a quest? Or do you use them in place of mini bosses?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Webb
United States
Edmonds
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use whatever mini boss you want, they are not race specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee ogre
msg tools
mbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
If you get a bad darkness card that converts two captains to a mini boss, which one do you put on the board?

For the grubbers/muckers I think it is a Razorfiend, right?

For the Elementals, which one do you use?

Does anyone use agents, and if so, in what context? Do you just pull up a tile, slam down an agent, and play, or is it in the context of a quest? Or do you use them in place of mini bosses?

Thanks.

Firstoff, I don't think Minibosses have a "type" the way Minions and Captains do. I don't have my cards here to look at and verify [Edit: they count as a unique type for AP advancement during refresh phase]

It's not clear to me from the rules how Agents get placed, but since they're described as "unique enemies that function very much like mini-bosses" we have played that Agents can be placed instead of minibosses, when a miniboss is called for. However, (I don't know why) Agents haven't really grabbed my group's interest and seldom hit the table after their cards have been looted.

As far as I know, the following minibosses are available right now:

Yardu (undead giant), base game

Razorfiend (razorfiend), KS1 promo

Etrus the Last (minotaur), KS1 stretch goal

Conner the dog (playtester), KS1 "exclusive" stretch goal

Twilight Knight (Kingdom Death) KS1 Trickster backer reward

X-30NE (clockwork), Recon stretch goal

They all play pretty differently (well, as different as things can be in Myth)but the only one I haven't put on the table is the clockwork boss.

My group drops Connor if we're not "ready" for a miniboss and we get one from a Darkness card. He's no pushover but he's not 'hard'.

We tend to drop Yardu or the Razorfiend most of the time. Always Yardu with undead out, it's a great challenge with the Souless synergy. Etrus sees the table less often, and the Twilight Knight is such a tough fight we tend not to drop her unless we want to try for the sword.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also Kesi and Ogg,..... There was talk of them counting as Tribal and Rodent,.... But I have not seen the 2.0 card on that (also a KS1 exclusive mini-boss)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.