Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Burns
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all! Curious if anyone can identify the vocal soundbites that Playdek used in digital TS?

I recognize all of the English-speaking ones, but am curious as to the others...

Maybe we could come up with a comprehensive list?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There must be a Russian speaker who can enlighten us on what the Soviet leaders are saying.

I'm just impressed that Eisenhower was dubbed by Kermit The Frog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikhail Dektyarev
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There definitely was "you can safely rely on comrade Stalin" by Stalin (though he said it at 1937), and part of Khruschev's "we will bury you" - I can't find any official translation of this part, so here is my variant: "Why does this lackey of US imperealism speaks? He speaks about question, he speaks not about procedural question! And the chairman, who simpathize this colonial dominance[? not sure how to translate - mihaild], he doesn't stop him! Is it fair?"

There is also Stalin's "hello, comrades" from unidentefable speach.

Not sure if there are any other russian speaches, and I definitely don't remember anything else.

UPD: the very first speach is also from Stalin, from 1942: "Long live our glorious motherland, it's freedom, it's independence".
UPD2: at start of turn 4, there is Khruschev's (probably) words "To greet new members of UN, and wish them welfare and prosperity" (don't know when he said it)
UPD3: begin of turn 5 - Khrushev: "You may perhaps laugh now. But when we overtake you, we'll wave our hands and say "Capitalists! Good bye. Our train is going ahead. Catch up if you can!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marky Mark
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the answer, but I just wanted to say how much I love them. Terrific addition to the sound design.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Glez.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I can say that the Spanish soundbite is from an interview to Fidel Castro about Cuba and south America's situation.

It would be cool if someone can export the audios from the game and share them on the internet. I've been struggling to find Reagan's final speech about communism

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valentine

Texas
msg tools
mb
mihaild wrote:
There definitely was "you can safely rely on comrade Stalin" by Stalin (though he said it at 1937), and part of Khruschev's "we will bury you" - I can't find any official translation of this part, so here is my variant: "Why does this lackey of US imperealism speaks? He speaks about question, he speaks not about procedural question! And the chairman, who simpathize this colonial dominance[? not sure how to translate - mihaild], he doesn't stop him! Is it fair?"

There is also Stalin's "hello, comrades" from unidentefable speach.

Not sure if there are any other russian speaches, and I definitely don't remember anything else.

UPD: the very first speach is also from Stalin, from 1942: "Long live our glorious motherland, it's freedom, it's independence".
UPD2: at start of turn 4, there is Khruschev's (probably) words "To greet new members of UN, and wish them welfare and prosperity" (don't know when he said it)
UPD3: begin of turn 5 - Khrushev: "You may perhaps laugh now. But when we overtake you, we'll wave our hands and say "Capitalists! Good bye. Our train is going ahead. Catch up if you can!"

Which is the one that ends with the words "dinani! pazhalsta!"? [My attempt to transcribe the words phonetically; I also thought the last word was Russian for "please" but that doesn't seem to match with any of your translations.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.