United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
MORE UberText!!!
badge
UberText!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the time of the pledge manager I've had quite a ride dealing with this game and the folks at Mantic (which is weird given that I've yet to play the game or even read the rules). Since this long series of events may finally be at their end (or not - see the end of this post below!), I thought I'd write it out just in case there are others who find it all as amusing/interesting/whatever as I have.

Our story begins in April of 2015, almost a year after the original Kickstarter. I started looking at the game a bit and was remorseful not having backed it the previous year (I had never, at this time, used Kickstarter). So I did what many a desperate too-late-to-kickstart-but-now-repentant person has done and contributed a post in a thread full of us begging to piggyback on someone else's pledge. I got a very reasonable offer in this regard and even sent the person money when I had to back out due to financial reasons.

Things took a turn to the better, however, when my financial situation resolved and I also discovered that I could, amazingly, make a direct pledge myself on Mantic's pledge manager. So, not being used to Kickstarter and the strategy of waiting for some things to go to retail so as to pay a better price later (I'm fine waiting), I immediately went all in (except for resin copies of minis I was already getting).

Three months later (7/31/2015): I moved and had to change the address for my pledge, so I send a request.

8/21/2015: Three weeks later, Rich at Mantic lets me know my address has been updated, so all my stuff will be sent to the right place.

11/2/2015: After a day or two of freaking out over the fact that tracking says my "extras" shipment for my pledge was delivered when nothing ever actually showed up at my house, I discovered that it was delivered to my old house (thankfully I know the folks who moved in, so they brought the package over for me). So I now contact Rich again to make sure my address is actually changed and that my "Carton B" (the main core of my pledge) gets delivered to my new address.

11/2/2015 (later in the day): It appears that when Mantic went to change my order's address they instead changed someone else's order to arrive at my new address. I receive a package of extras from Mantic labeled for one "Paul Christensen". So, of course, I send Mantic another email about this.

11/13/2015: Rich at Mantic lets me know he's having my address double-checked and tells me I can keep the package of extras (I've since sold this material since I don't need the doubles of what I already have).

12/11/2015: Having received my Carton B a couple days prior (at my correct address!), I now receive a second Carton B - again, addressed to "Paul Christensen". Poor guy! I immediately email Mantic about this.

12/24/2015: Rich at Mantic says that if I send the package back, they will reimburse me for the shipping cost. He asks if the package has been opened. (Unfortunately, I'm on vacation and do not get this email until later...)

12/31/2015: I finally see the email and send back word that the package has not been opened. I ask about how Mantic wants to arrange shipping.

1/6/2016: Having inventoried my pledge finally, I find some missing and irreparably damaged pieces. So I send in a support ticket.

1/8/2016: I never got an invite so I can order a corrected version of the Adventurer's Companion, so I have to email Rich to get added.

1/14/2016: I get the invite and order my corrected book. This arrives some time later.

1/15/2016: Rich offers either to refund shipping if I send it or to have it picked up from me.

1/22/2016: Not trusting Mantic to give me a timely refund, I naturally elect the second option. (I'm not sure why it took me so long to reply this time)

1/28/2016: I'm informed someone named "Clive" will arrange this

1/28/2016 (later in the day): DHL arrives with a large pledge package for Paul Christensen (of course!). I tell them he does not live here, so they take it back with them. I let Mantic know about this.

2/1/2016: I'm informed they have again (!?) contacted Paul to get his correct address.

4/19/2016: Still no contact about the package sitting in my garage or about my replacement items, so I let them know I'm still waiting regarding both of these things.

4/20/2016: Rich tells me he has asked Clive again to get on this and has me send him the details about my missing/damaged parts. Clive emails me for contact info. I respond to both.

6/17/2016: After no further contact and no replacement items, I send in a new support ticket for the parts.

6/23/2016: Someone at Mantic says they've gotten my request.

6/28/2016: I'm informed my replacements have been shipped. Some days later, I finally get my parts, safe and sound.

7/8/2016: I get a geekmail from someone who was a runner-up winner for the Dungeon Saga BGG contest from April 2014. Apparently the runners-up didn't get contacted by Mantic and never received their prizes until they contacted Mantic to let them know. And, apparently, I was one of those runners-up! (I don't even remember entering that contest, but I generally never checked the contest results, expecting to be contacted if I ever actually won anything). So, of course, I contact Mantic. A week later, I have a third base game now at my house (the package, to this day, is still unopened)

7/14/2016: Now that Rich has left Mantic, whoever is taking over his support tickets contacts me to see if the situation(s) have been resolved.

7/20/2016: I let them know the missing/damaged parts have been taken care of, but that I still have that package. I ask if I should just keep it.

7/21/2016: I'm told that, at this point, I can just keep the box. I now have two Carton Bs and an extra (third) base game. Interesting...

7/26/2015: A FedEx deliverman is at my door. He has a very large package. It says MANTIC all over it. What is it? Who could it be for? The deliverman speaks: "Are you Paul Christensen?"

surprise

TL;DR: Mantic crazy. I paid for one pledge and now have two and an extra base game on top of that. The End.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spencer
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
MORE UberText!!!
badge
UberText!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
After posting this, I suddenly realized that I still haven't received the code/invite/whatever to get the digital rewards that were part of the pledge. Apparently, people were supposed to get this in April. I guess the saga continues...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gardner
United States
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got my pledge last month. Sill no digital codes though. I opened a ticket and was notified that there were problems with the website or something. Then I get an email that my ticket was closed. Wait, what? No further info since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
O.M.G. !
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W McG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Epic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am Paul Christensen. Where is my stuff? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.