United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb

Credit to Reaver027 on the FFG community board here: https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/226639-info-f...

And even more, and way better, credit to BGG's own Mattr0polis. Who totally posted this on Twitter first. Because he is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is exciting. From the FFG description page: "In every booster pack, you will find three common cards, one uncommon card, and one rare or legendary card with a corresponding premium die." So that would be 3 blues, a yellow, and a green or purple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Notetleirs
msg tools
dawson_osu wrote:
This is exciting. From the FFG description page: "In every booster pack, you will find three common cards, one uncommon card, and one rare or legendary card with a corresponding premium die." So that would be 3 blues, a yellow, and a green or purple.

As far as CCGs go that doesn't seem so bad at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kalahan wrote:
dawson_osu wrote:

Especially since you need a maximum of 2 of any one card. This is a fairly player-friendly CCG. Assuming that you get 4-5 Legendaries per box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runnestrand wrote:
Kalahan wrote:
dawson_osu wrote:

Especially since you need a maximum of 2 of any one card. This is a fairly player-friendly CCG. Assuming that you get 4-5 Legendaries per box.

Quick napkin math - with that assumption, $649.78 to get a complete playset by buying blind. This doesn't account for selling extras or buying singles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Idaho11 wrote:
This doesn't account for selling extras or buying singles.

Luckily those are very real things that exist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty good! I can still have the fun of ripping open blind card packs and know that I'll get something good. This also makes the game extremely trade-friendly; go to some playdate and the odds that you can't find someone to trade with for a Rare/Legendary you already have should be pretty slim. FFG's Organized Play stuff for this should be massive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you!
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
runnestrand wrote:
Credit to Reaver027

Hey! That's my photo I put up on Twitter originally. Where's MY credit? ;-)

Just kidding, it's cool. I just wanted to get the card list up where everyone could see it. Glad we got it and the full rules now to digest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex M
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mattr0polis wrote:
runnestrand wrote:
Credit to Reaver027

Hey! That's my photo I put up on Twitter originally. Where's MY credit? ;-)

Just kidding, it's cool. I just wanted to get the card list up where everyone could see it. Glad we got it and the full rules now to digest.

Sry man that little link to your twitter post was obv not big enough
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schreiner
United States
Middleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Any if you'll need 2 of each starter to get a complete set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dex M
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guanciale wrote:

Yes you will need more than both starters. Depending on the card distribution of Mindprobe and Force Throw in the Kylo deck you might only need a second Rey starter (if the Kylo deck contains 2 Mindprobes) or you will need both starters twice (if the Kylo deck contains 1 Mindprobe and 1 Force Throw).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Schreiner
United States
Middleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Reaver027 wrote:
Guanciale wrote:

Yes you will need more than both starters. Depending on the card distribution of Mindprobe and Force Throw in the Kylo deck you might only need a second Rey starter (if the Kylo deck contains 2 Mindprobes) or you will need both starters twice (if the Kylo deck contains 1 Mindprobe and 1 Force Throw).

Awesome thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witold G
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
runnestrand wrote:

I wonder - why are Millennium Falcon and Black One in italics?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perf wrote:
runnestrand wrote:

I noticed that also. The card itself has the name written in italics too. None of the others do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I think maybe that denotes Support cards? Specifically vehicles, maybe? Typically vehicles with proper names are italicized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
They are the proper names of ships. X-Wing will not be italicized, but Red 5 will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am really looking forward to playing this. I didn't see but really want a Palpatine, for this AND for Imperial assault lol. I seen chancellors favor on the list I hope that refers to him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eyefink wrote:
Quote:

I think maybe that denotes Support cards? Specifically vehicles, maybe? Typically vehicles with proper names are italicized.

runnestrand wrote:
They are the proper names of ships. X-Wing will not be italicized, but Red 5 will.

Other examples:
Slave I -- Firespray-31 Patrol Craft
Devastator -- Imperial-class Star Destroyer
Mist Hunter -- G1-A Starfighter
Punishing One -- Jumpmaster 5000
Tantive IV - Corellian Corvette
Hound's Tooth -- YV-666 freighter
Home One -- MC80 Mon Calamari Star cruiser

The italicized name is the name of a single, unique ship. The non-italicized name is the type of ship. So if you had a Ford Mustang, that wouldn't be capitalized, but if your Ford Mustang was named Black Flame, it would be Black Flame in the Star Wars universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can someone help me please!

If everypack gives you 1 rare and 1 uncommon, how come the rare are rarer and more valuables (exept being stronger maybe?) than uncommon cards if you consider the fact that there is 42 Uncommon and only 33 Rare?

I suck at stats and probabilities a lot!!!

EDIT: you have the chance of getting a Legendary instead, but this should not happen very often so still?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
KingAnus3 wrote:
Can someone help me please!

If everypack gives you 1 rare and 1 uncommon, how come the rare are rarer and more valuables (exept being stronger maybe?) than uncommon cards if you consider the fact that there is 42 Uncommon and only 33 Rare?

I suck at stats and probabilities a lot!!!

EDIT: you have the chance of getting a Legendary instead, but this should not happen very often so still?

I just realized I was counting wrong. I was thinking you'd get 3 commons, 2 uncommons, and a rare. But you're right. If they're both 1 per pack, then they are both basically rare! The only difference is rare come with dice, and uncommons don't. This means that uncommons might be slightly more valuable than they are in other games, especially the most useful/powerful ones that everyone wants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well since there is more uncommon cards, everyone of them will be harder to get than rare...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll get 36 uncommons per box, but only 30 rares, because of the 6 (approximately) Legendaries you'll get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you have two different rarities sharing that fifth spot, so that makes them harder to get. You'll definitely get an Uncommon, but only probably a Rare or maybe a Legendary. Not every pack will have a Rare, making them, well, rarer than Uncommons, but when that happens you get something even better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Accident Gamer
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
It is hard to tell some of the top left if they are basic or rare (green and gray look alike with the glare, or I am color blind), but i get the following distribution:

58 common
42 uncommon
43 Rare
17 Legendary

7 dice basic
7 no-dice basic

So if we go by the 3 common, 1 uncommon and 1 rare/legend with the supposed odds of a legendary being 1/6, lets calculate the odds of getting a specific card:

Cannon Fodder (Common): 3 commons per pack. 1/58 commons are cannon fodder and assuming that you cannont get 2 of the same commons per pack
P= 1 - (57/58 * 56/57 * 55/56)... P=0.0517 or 5.17%

Endless Ranks (Uncommon): 1 uncommon per pack. 1/42 uncommons are Enless Ranks.
P = 1/42 = .0238 or 2.38%

Padme Amidala (Rare): 5/6 rares per pack. 1/43 rares are Padme Amidala.
P = (5/6)/43 = .0194 or 1.94%

Han Solo (Legendary): 1/6 legendaries per pack. 1/17 legendaries are Han Solo.
P = (1/6)/17 = .0098 or 0.98%

So the odds of getting a particular card by opening one single pack based on it's rarity looks like this:

Common: 5.17% chance
Uncommon: 2.38% chance
Rare: 1.94% chance
Legendary: 0.98% chance

This is making a lot of assumptions, such as the 1:6 legendary odds, but I think it shows that the chances of getting a card based on rarity are pretty well spread out and the Legendaries are not insanely difficult to get. It is true that uncommon and rares are pretty close and I would have preferred 2 uncommons per pack but it is not that bad and might end up making for a healthier environment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok I counted only 33 rares...

That is a good explanation exept .44% ain't that much..

And I think it makes thing strange that you will get as much uncommon as you get rare/legendary...

So that means that a certain rare or legendary will be harder to get, but you will have as much rare/leg than you have uncommon... So if you look to get a rare/leg instead of looking to get a specific one you get as much chance than an uncommon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.