4 Posts

War of the Ring: Warriors of Middle-earth» Forums » General

Subject: Any More Details on the Call to Battle Cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric LotR
United States
flag msg tools
I am wondering and hoping if we could have some more details on the "Call to Battle" cards? I'm really interested in their various effects. Does anyone have any additional text or scans of these cards? I see there are 2 pictured in the rulebook PDF, one for the Ents and one for the Corsairs.

It sounds like they have been slightly modified from the Battle of the Five Armies "Unit and Maneuver Cards." I'm very excited to see this expansion in action!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be my guess, that they'll have effects similar to the BoFA Maneuver cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
However, they seem to return into the hand every round.

That is substantially different to the tactical part of BoFA, in which Maneuver cards are used up until regroup is played.

That's a bit bad, because I really liked that; quite a lot. But also understandable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Each faction has two potential combat effects, one card having a Character Event cardback and the other having a Strategy cardback. Thus, while their use is dependent on the proximity of faction figures, there is still much ambiguity and guessing as to what deviousness your opponent will unleash when the card is flipped - regular combat card or call to battle, and which effect?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.