Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

If i am reading this right there is nonway to put a fire out without recieving 2 damage if you start in another space, 1 for moving into the space with the fire and 1 foe the action to put the fire out.

The tules mention something about putting a fire out in a space you move to later but thats confused me.

Can i prepare to put fire out l, take 1 damage to move into soace with fire and then put it out without taking damage?

Please help and thanks gor your time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To put fire out you test your agility (as an action) and for every success you roll you can extinguish one fire token during your turn that round. This can be done by moving into spaces with fire tokens with a move action after you've tested your agility.

This does not cause you damage (pg 9 of the RRG).

EDIT: Changed for accuracy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmb
"As an action, an investigator may attempt to extinguish the flames
by testing his agility. For each success result he rolls,
he may discard Fire from his space or a space he moves into later
during the round."

Sounds like if you're in an adjacent space moving into a burning space, do your agility test. If you pass, you extinguish the fire and move into the space like normal and take no damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horner
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe this wording will make it clearer.

First you spend an action to do the Agility test and note the number of successes. Then you spend a Move or Explore action. If you enter a space containing Fire during that action, you can "spend" one of the successes you got on the Agility test to extinguish the Fire in that space and take no damage from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Ronda
United States
flag msg tools
You may also choose to take the extinguish action during a move action (between your first and second move) or after completing a move action (maybe you want to see what that sight token will reveal before committing your turn to firefighting?). That said, you'll have one less opportunity to extinguish fire per space already moved. And don't forget, moving into fire without taking the extinguish action first (and spending a success roll to discard it) will deal you facedown damage.

Just wanted to make sure you know all your options!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see anything anywhere in the rules to suggest you can interrupt one action to do another?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
SirRoke wrote:
I don't see anything anywhere in the rules to suggest you can interrupt one action to do another?

Rich,

you can interrupt your movement in order to perform another action and then complete your movement. It's in the ref guide, not under "Movement", but unedr "Move Action":

An investigator may interrupt his move action to perform another
action. After he has finished performing that action, he may finish
performing his move action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vetter
Denmark
Hilleroed
flag msg tools
thebaker1983 wrote:
To put fire out you test your agility (as an action) and for every success you roll you can extinguish one fire token during your turn. This can be done by moving into spaces with fire tokens with a move action after you've tested your agility.

Note that it is during the ROUND, not the turn. So if something moves you during the mythos or monster face you can put out fires in those spaces as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
magikerendk wrote:
thebaker1983 wrote:
To put fire out you test your agility (as an action) and for every success you roll you can extinguish one fire token during your turn. This can be done by moving into spaces with fire tokens with a move action after you've tested your agility.

Note that it is during the ROUND, not the turn. So if something moves you during the mythos or monster face you can put out fires in those spaces as well.

Good point! I'll edit that in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horner
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rondaa wrote:
You may also choose to take the extinguish action during a move action (between your first and second move) or after completing a move action (maybe you want to see what that sight token will reveal before committing your turn to firefighting?). That said, you'll have one less opportunity to extinguish fire per space already moved. And don't forget, moving into fire without taking the extinguish action first (and spending a success roll to discard it) will deal you facedown damage.

Just wanted to make sure you know all your options!

That's true, but one reason I usually do the Extinguish first is that I can see the result of my Agility test before I commit myself to moving. Depending on the result of the roll (for instance, I get no successes), I may want to do something other than move. If I move a space first, then try to extinguish, I've already committed myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.