Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings.
I am looking for some math and calculation help.

I am trying to calculate how the athletes base costs are determined in order to be able to create a team from the ground up.

I was using the scrimage stats as a template as fortunately the Exhebition Nemesis teams players all fit into it, save for the cleaver. And I compared athletes of similar costs to confirm. Both the Valkyrie and Nemesis razors cost the same and their total stats add up to be equal.
So a razor out of the test tube costs 3.1mil.
I then took note of the Damocles Cleaver and see it is only 1 stat point higher than the Nemesis one and by subtracting the costs of the abilities, I calculate a generic Cleaver should cost 2.5mil.
I noticed the Carnage cleaver has inferior stats, and costs 2.1mil. So I calculated the difference if each stat point dufference is worth 1mil.

So the costs of generic athletes with no special abilities and uniform scrimmage/exhibition stats are:
Razor 3.1mil
Cleaver 2.5mil
Slasher 2.3mil
Butcher 2.3mil

Someone please correct me if my math or logic is wrong.

And the second part of my question is, can we take it back a step further and consider lesser stats?
For example, what would an athlete with 1s across the board for all stats cost?
And would two athletes that had the same stats but are of different classes cost differently than eachother?
A Slashers stats add up to 20 and a Butchers 21, yet they cost the same.
While a Cleaver also adds up to 21 like the butcher but it costs 200k more.
The Razor adds up to 25 so that explains why it costs more.

I am just trying to figure out the formula so I can customize and create teams.
If I reduce an athletes base stats below that template, how low do I reduce their cost to?

Any help is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Mike,

The second season of Slaughterball will include an advanced optional rules section called "Genetic Engineering" where you will be able to design your own athletes from scratch.

I haven't written that section, so I don't want to release the info yet.

Also, the 4 expansion teams will soon be available, and I don't want to steal their thunder by releasing rules for custom athlete creation.

However, I do appreciate your dedication to trying to figure out the process, so if you'd like to be included in the early playtesting of the Genetic Engineering rules, let me know.

Erik
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.