Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew L.
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
There is no try
badge
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have an idea of how they will sleeve these? This is my first Legendary Encounters Game, so I am not sure if I should sleeve all in the same color (my Marvel: Legendary are all in Black Matte sleeves) or if it would be worth sleeving separate decks/characters/whatever in different colors. Hoping to get some input here so I can order sleeves before my preorder from the FLGS arrives.

Edit: For these games, I use Ultra Pro Matte sleeves usually. I was wondering if I would need to use different color back for the different heroes, or if it matters for this game. For Marvel, I have all of them in Black since you shuffle various decks into your hand. Was curious if Legendary Encounters were the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i do not sleeve, so I cannot help you very much. however, having just read the rulebook, there are some cards woth different backs that have to stand out..you might want to use different sleeves for them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actually, there are only 3 of those (inevitable cards) so you could either use some extra sleeves you have from another game or even leave them unsleeved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wolski
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will probably use the Mayday Green standard sleeves or maybe try the Swan Panasia sleeves of comparable size.

My buddy uses Fantasy Flight sleeves exclusively (gray would be used in this case), but I don't like how much oversized they tend to be.

That being said, you can count on FFG sleeves to be consistently sized whereas Mayday sleeves can be all over the place even in the same pack.

I just use clear sleeves, and only for longer/heavier games or games that require a lot of in-game shuffling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If it were up to me, I'd only use KMC Perfect Fit Sleeves. But my wallet is telling me to do otherwise. They fit great though and are my preferred sleeves. If you wanted to mix in any of the Marvel heroes though, you have to either deal from the bottom, deal with the different cards backs, or sleeve opaque.

I'm going to be trying out the Mayday Penny sleeves for my legendary titles. The sheer card amount just makes it a little too costly to sleeve with the KMC PF sleeves for me (mostly because I also have Alien and the Guardians expansion to sleeve as well and I need to make sure they match)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew L.
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
There is no try
badge
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'll edit above as well as this post.

For these games, I use Ultra Pro Matte sleeves usually. I was wondering if I would need to use different color back for the different heroes, or if it matters for this game. For Marvel, I have all of them in Black since you shuffle various decks into your hand. Was curious if Legendary Encounters were the same way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne O'Keeffe
Ireland
Sligo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't read the rulebook for this game but with Alien and Predator you'd only 'need' to use different colours for sorting purposes.
If it's like Alien then you need the same coloured sleeves for the characters as they'll be shuffled together to form a draw pile.
Sorting is a pain initially with these games so sleeving the different card types is useful but with 600 cards per game it'd be quite expensive. I'd get a game or two under your belt before sleeving to give you an idea on how you want to sort the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, just sleeve them the same. During cleanup you're going to be sorting them out by looking at the card faces anyway, so the card backs don't matter.

For Legendary Marvel and Alien I use LaTCG Pokemon/MTG Perfect Size sleeves and they're a great fit. Thicker than Mayday and KMC but cheaper. I can't recommend them unreservedly since the latest batch I got a few months ago was pretty cloudy and there are often stray plastic strands, glue (?), etc. stuck to some sleeves, but you can't beat the bang for the buck and if you're not too picky they work great. Once they're on the cards I can't see the cloudiness, but your eyes might be more sensitive to that than mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Monson
Australia
Heathmont
VIC
flag msg tools
mb
For marvel I use the mayday almost-a-penny sleeves. They are pretty cheap and cards are nice and snug
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad McGown
United States
Pittsburg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeve my Legendary Encounters games thematically, and all in the same color of Ultra Pro matte sleeves. For Alien, I used bright green on the whole lot. For Predator, I used a forest green. I feel like I am gonna sleeve Firefly in th brown matte sleeves. Whichever color you choose, I would just use the same color for all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without seeing how the cards in Firefly interact and cross over to other decks, it's hard to tell how many colors you'll want to use.

As an example, you can look at LE:Alien. The strike deck should probably be the same color as the Hive Deck (Episode Deck for Firefly) since there is an Enemy Facehugger hidden in there that can be included in a Hive Deck reshuffle. Also, any Enemy cards in the Hive Deck can potentially appear in a player's deck thanks to Ripley No. 8's The Monster's Mother, so the Hive Deck and consequently the Strike Deck should have the same sleeve color as the character cards. To top it all off, the Hatchery cards can all go into a player's deck (Chestbursters) or the Barracks (Facehuggers again, via Fiorina "Fury" 161's first Hazard effect).

In the end, any cards in LE:Alien you would want assistance with organizing through colored sleeves would end up being sleeved with the same color anyway.

The Firefly rulebook suggests there are characters you can find in the Episode Deck, and these may go into a player deck. (Alien had those as well.) You might have to sleeve Episode Deck cards with the same colors as the Characters, Browncoats, Talents and Flaws for this reason.

I of course don't know 100% for sure at the moment, but I have a hunch that the Strike Decks will be less wacky than Alien and just feature strikes like in Predator, so you could probably sleeve those in a different color.

Avatars, Objectives, Upgrades, Ship Strikes and Inevitable cards could all presumably have their own colors as well, but these will all be fairly small individual stacks of cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew L.
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
There is no try
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all. I will probably just go with the same color...which in all honesty will probably be brown
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only use clear backed sleeves, no need to miss out on seeing the backs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wrrlykam wrote:
I only use clear backed sleeves, no need to miss out on seeing the backs.

For most game's I'd agree with you. This game though...I don't really care to see the bland back of these cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Johnson
United States
Cedar Falls
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Vasher wrote:
For most game's I'd agree with you. This game though...I don't really care to see the bland back of these cards.
do the sleeves that you use have something less bland on the back?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JayJ79 wrote:
Vasher wrote:
do the sleeves that you use have something less bland on the back?

I don't actually sleeve any of my games. But if I were to sleeve this game, I wouldn't care if I ended up with sleeves that covered the backs of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
I actually just did this! Had to sleeve whole game in penny sleeves to see what cards went where. Here is what my time shows forcing my girlfriend to sleeve 500 cards with me.

I find sleeving different colors helps with sorting and noticing mixups easily when setting up/breaking down. Also makes game look neat IMO.

You actually can use a different sleeve color for each of these stacks of cards:

3x Inevitable Cards (Only 3 and meant to be a different color on back for knowing where it is)

10x Upgrade Cards. They never get shuffled in other decks

40x Crew Strikes. They never get shuffled in other decks

9x Avatars. Always in front of you or in box.

15x Objective cards. They are face up during the episode and never shuffle in.

Those are oustide the norm as they never enter the "villian deck" or player decks.

Then you have for the "hero deck" cards:
60x Starters
5x Browncoats
126x Character cards
15x Talent cards
20x Flaw Cards
=226 "hero deck" cards. All these cards can be in your deck so they need same sleeves

For the "villian deck" cards:
165x Episode Cards
12x Side Jobs
=172 "Villian Deck" cards. Cards all get shuffled into a villian deck so they need to be same sleeves.

Sorry if my terminology is not the same as the firefly. Im used to marvel legendary. Anyways thought I would share my find as I wanted to find something like this when I bought the game and couldnt find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
I haven't played Firefly yet, but I believe in the other Encounters games, there were cards from the villain decks that could be shuffled into your deck, so they would all need to be the same color.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markblasco wrote:
I haven't played Firefly yet, but I believe in the other Encounters games, there were cards from the villain decks that could be shuffled into your deck, so they would all need to be the same color.

This is true in Firefly as well
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.C. Hamlin
United States
Medina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
We just bought Ultra-Pro Pro-Matte sleeves in several different colors at $0.04 each ($2/50) to sleeve 1x Alien 3x Firefly and 1x BTiLC directly from ACS Pacific Supply. Here's how we ended up sleeving our games:

Alien:
161 Hive: Lime Green
40 Strike: Red
304 Barracks: Blue
14 Hatchery: Bright Yellow
14 Player Avatar: Light Blue
36 Alien Avatar + Alien Deck: Black
4 Location: White
12 Objective: Purple
15 Agenda: Orange
600 Total

Firefly:
177 Verse: Black
40 Crew Strike: Red
226 Crew: Blue
3 Inevitable: Bright Yellow
9 Avatar: Light Blue
20 Ship Strike: Orange
15 Objective: Purple
10 Ship Upgrade: White
500 Total

BTiLC:
258 Hero: Blue
110 Villain: Red
12 Scheme: White
16 Mastermid Tactic: Bright Yellow
4 Mastermind: Black
400 Total
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Siegmund
Netherlands
Heemskerk
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jchamlin wrote:

Firefly:

Shouldn't you sleeve the Verse Cards teh same color as the Crew cards?

Also... the cards in Alien are not sleeved correctly: the Hive cards should be the same as the Barracks cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Mann
South Korea
Seoul
Seoul Teukbyeol-si
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Derrick wrote:
jchamlin wrote:

Firefly:

Shouldn't you sleeve the Verse Cards teh same color as the Crew cards?

Also... the cards in Alien are not sleeved correctly: the Hive cards should be the same as the Barracks cards.

You're absolutely correct; If you want smooth play in a game of Firefly without mid-game re-sleeving, the 'Verse Deck needs sleeves that are the same color as the Crew Deck.

I mentioned Alien above as well, and in addition to the Hive and Barracks deck, the Hatchery cards should be the same color since they will either go in a deck (Chestbursters) or become hidden in the Barracks (Facehuggers in Alien3). In hindsight you could avoid sleeving the Strikes in the same color above by simply taking a Hatchery Facehugger and replace the dead Strike Deck Facehugger in the case of a not-too-infrequent Hive Deck reshuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asa Spicer
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
We tried some different options and finally went with Ultra Pro (100 Pcs Soft Card Sleeves, 2 5/8 x 3 5/8-Inches) sleeves. We did this for our entire Legendary library.

We had to sleeve our Marvel sets. We were playing it so often the corners on the primary (every game) cards were getting annihilated. It worked so well we just sleeved everything.

There is a site named after really tall female warriors where you can get them ultra cheap.

Ultra Pro 100 Pcs Soft Card Sleeves, 2 5/8 x 3 5/8-Inches
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravenbow wrote:
There is a site named after really tall female warriors where you can get them ultra cheap.

Xena.co.nz?

Boudica.co.uk?

RedSonja.tv?

ZoeWashburne.com?

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jchamlin wrote:

Firefly:
40 Crew Strike: Red
3 Inevitable: Bright Yellow
9 Avatar: Light Blue
20 Ship Strike: Orange
15 Objective: Purple
10 Ship Upgrade: White
500 Total

This is great, thanks. Quick query though - where have you assigned the talent/flaw cards in the counts? As these need to be same colour as the crew deck surely, as you add these to your discard pile to be used throughout the game in upcoming hands? Just wanted to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.