Subject: How much would you pay? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Seeing as the app seems to have a great deal of work in the scenario department, everything from placement text, battle outcome text, conversations, generally speaking the whole thing plays out like a well written choose your own adventure. (even has voice acting to boot at start).

A lot of these elements used to come in form of card text that you simply drew from a deck. Without a physical aspect to this, let me ask,

how much would you pay for simply scenario expansions on the app? New stories, new adventures, encounters and such, all the while making use of the same physical components of the original box?

I know, I know, I know. Actual boxed expansions will come, and have new this and that. However, what if FFG release supplemental scenarios? What's a reasonable amount of value, given the amount of writing, play testing and so forth it takes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Holzhauer
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
Building the perfect game collection for our growing family
badge
Who knew Euro games could be thematic?
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming excellent quality, original ideas, etc, I would pay $10 for 5 scenarios in-app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd probably pay about $5-$10 for a single scenario. That's less than the single-scenario packs for MoM used to be, but those were print-on-demand, so more expensive to print than a larger run have been.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.P. Kraul
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Given the amount of work involved, I don't think $5 is unreasonable. And I would pay more for the long, complex scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elyse S.
United States
Yuba City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm pretty cheap so probably $2-3 each? Maybe more if it was a longer more complicated one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
5usd would be a yes, more than that may be case by case depending on the particular scenario and reviews.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably around $5 (ideally a bit less, but I'm on CAD so that's unlikely). Not going to pay much more than that, definitely not more than $10 without some sort of special gimmick.

It's not quite the same, but if you look at the Elder Sign app. Each scenarios cost $3-4 each (not sure about currency). I'm expecting something similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Unlock API support where people can create and share custom scenarios.
FFG just need the dev time to make the API user accessible and they instantly recruit a globe full of royalty free aspiring game designers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
The prices people are quoting here blow my mind. No wonder this hobby is so expensive! surprise

You know what is driving the cost of board games so high? Not the price of cardboard, not the price of plastic... no, it's the willingness of the market to pay whatever price is demanded. When they have that why wouldn't they increase prices exponentially?

I would probably pay about £1.50 for a new scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey van Dorp
Netherlands
Amsterdam
Noord Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Let FFG first put their developers at work to fix the bugs in the current app before they release a new scenario.
My very first game was ruined by the app crashing after 45 minutes of gameplay. Could only restart the entire game.

But if the app is stable enough I would gladly pay €4,99 per scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no problem paying $5 for two hours entertainment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I concur with the $5 price per scenario (averaging around the 2-3 hour mark) Maybe a little more if it's a 4-6 hour story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Australia
SOUTH PERTH
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High Flying Bird wrote:
The prices people are quoting here blow my mind. No wonder this hobby is so expensive! surprise

You know what is driving the cost of board games so high? Not the price of cardboard, not the price of plastic... no, it's the willingness of the market to pay whatever price is demanded. When they have that why wouldn't they increase prices exponentially?

I would probably pay about £1.50 for a new scenario.

Yeah - all those board gaming barons making millions from us poor desperate gamers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About €5,- sounds about right to me. Also depends on the length of the scenario of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Eye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
With the pricing for the main game, I really expect the first new scenarios to be free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Right now I will say probably about £5 tops for
a single scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already paid through the nose for this game. The first 2-3 scenarios should be FREE following that the $3-$4 price point seems fair to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Fuqua
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd play $5.00 a scenario which I believe is close to the price in Elder Sign: Omens app expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
$2.99 for me, not much more, but it depends on the numbers here. If a scenario has 10K downloads, 2.99 is a lot of money for the time invested in development; if there are only 100 people interested, then prices should be higher. But yes, 2.99 is the max I'd pay for a digital only scenario (no tiles, no nothing)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Andrews
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mb
I'm more than happy with the bang I've received for my buck. I think the game is well worth it value wise.

We've paid for the top notch components along with the first four scenarios which amounts to a minimum of seven and a half hours of gameplay (although it's going to be much much more especially when you factor in replays.

I would happily pay £5 to £10 per scenario depending on length. I don't want any for free. I don't work for free so I don't expect FFG to either.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheMadWelshWizard wrote:
I'm more than happy with the bang I've received for my buck. I think the game is well worth it value wise.

We've paid for the top notch components along with the first four scenarios which amounts to a minimum of seven and a half hours of gameplay (although it's going to be much much more especially when you factor in replays.

I would happily pay £5 to £10 per scenario depending on length. I don't want any for free. I don't work for free so I don't expect FFG to either.

Craig

I'd normally agree with this however this is my first experience buying an FFG game where I don't really feel like I got what I paid for in terms of chrome. Perhaps the app justifies the price, the app is stellar, the miniatures however do not rank as top notch components since FFG have shown they can do better than this in many cases (Imperial Assault, Descent, Battlelore).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
Depending on the length of scenario, I would happily pay $5-$10 per scenario. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.