Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
I just downloaded the app onto my Droid Mini, and it appears to load and run just fine, but the screen size looks to be an issue here. The dice results screens could be a bit bigger, with a bit more room between the +/- and the submit button. But the real issue is the menus with multiple options. They're listed single column stacked right on top of each other. I haven't seen any way to expand the size of the selections, or to undo a fatfingered click. This might be fine for a cheap app for a quick game, but for a game I'm gonna invest hours at a time in, and $100 up front, it seems far too likely that these menus will derail a game session.

Hopefully they'll make some tweaks to the app and make the menus more friendly (it's not like there isn't enough screen available). But I'll be waiting until they push that update out or I find myself with a full size tablet before purchasing this game. Maybe I could make it work with a stylus, but I feel like I shouldn't need to.

Anyone else want to corroborate the experience, or point out functionality that I missed, maybe just share that they've tried it on a small phone and didn't find it to be an issue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce
msg tools
Sorry it is basically not payable on a small phone, road to legend is the same. This isn't what they are going for and particularly with more players a big screen (tv!) really helps. Can't say this bothers me personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elyse S.
United States
Yuba City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have a Note 5 and even though it's fairly large as phones go I'd still wouldn't use it unless hard pressed.
I imagine they designed everything for tablets and larger.
I do wish they had and "undo" option because I can be trigger happy and accidentally skip things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Even if it were purpose-build for phones, I can't imagine playing on one. Way too small. I'll be running it on my old ipad2, or my PC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Unplayable on iphone SE due to font size. Going to use a tablet instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Edwards
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
honeybunnie8 wrote:
I have a Note 5 and even though it's fairly large as phones go I'd still wouldn't use it unless hard pressed.
I imagine they designed everything for tablets and larger.
I do wish they had and "undo" option because I can be trigger happy and accidentally skip things.

Dan't forget that you can go to the game log and see anything you've missed. I've had to do this a few times because I accidentally skipped stuff. It also lets you go back and check plot elements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kime
United Kingdom
Brimfield
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It's even too small on an iPhone 6 Plus!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I have an iPhone 6 S and I think it's ok imo. Of course it's the only device I can use so better than nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Meakings
United Kingdom
Crawley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been managing okay with the app on a 6 plus, occasional bit of quitting required but nothing too bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.