Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Campanella
United States
Hamilton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me know if there is another game starting up.

Thanks everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THN Wraith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a waiting list for joining PBF games which can be found here.

The list seems to be fairly slow moving as the last game set up was started in May so I wouldn't get your hopes up too much for a quick turnaround.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right now there's one active mod for AH PBF games, which is myself. I'm still making it a goal to run a game constantly, but, yes, that will mean that the list moves slowly. I don't have the time to run two games at once, though, like I have in the past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped modding because I became frustrated with the pace of AH games on this forum and constantly needing to remind players to take their turns.

A forum game of AH should not take 4 months...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Campanella
United States
Hamilton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hear you, brother.

I'm moderating a Down With the King. Also verrrrrrry slow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any way to get agreement from the players on turnaround time for actions? Maybe spend a little time up front to get rules of the road down? It sounds fun and wondering if there's a way to overcome the difficulties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Campanella
United States
Hamilton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Setting a limit on turn around is tough if there is not recourse.

For example: Putting a limit on time to make a move might not work because your only choice is to skip the player's turn.

But setting a time limit on playing a reaction could work because you'd simply lose the opportunity.

But you have to take into account the time difference. In my DWTK game we have players from US, Europe, and Australia. When somebody is making a move I think we can pretty much guarantee that there is at least one player sleeping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimcampanella wrote:
Setting a limit on turn around is tough if there is not recourse.

For example: Putting a limit on time to make a move might not work because your only choice is to skip the player's turn.

But setting a time limit on playing a reaction could work because you'd simply lose the opportunity.

But you have to take into account the time difference. In my DWTK game we have players from US, Europe, and Australia. When somebody is making a move I think we can pretty much guarantee that there is at least one player sleeping.

How about when a player misses their turnaround time, either (a) the group as a whole decides their action or (b) they miss any opportunity that arises in the event or encounter. What would be a reasonable turnaround time? 48 hours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Campanella
United States
Hamilton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfpack48 wrote:

How about when a player misses their turnaround time, either (a) the group as a whole decides their action or (b) they miss any opportunity that arises in the event or encounter. What would be a reasonable turnaround time? 48 hours?

Good suggestions depending on the game.

Since I'm not willing to let someone lose their turn completely, the other choices are I play for them. I can't let the other players decide because DWTK turns are heavily based on what cards are in your hand.

I do think 48 hours is a reasonable time to respond or at least to post a stop gap like "I don't have the info available, I'll post tomorrow morning."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Binder
Brazil
Curitiba
PR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brunoreturns wrote:
I stopped modding because I became frustrated with the pace of AH games on this forum and constantly needing to remind players to take their turns.

A forum game of AH should not take 4 months...

This is sad. I never played PBF before, but surely I would post more than one time each day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Campanella
United States
Hamilton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually when it's a person's turn, they do.

But then you run into things like this being an American 3-day weekend. And a big vacation or outdoor gathering time. I understand when people miss a whole day or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond Hyland
United Kingdom
Newport
Gwent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it helps, I'm hoping to start running PBF games again starting in late October - only one at a time though, and dependent on a few things like getting my ancient copy of Photoshop CS2 to work on a new Windows 10 system (and finding where I stored the updated spreadsheets with things like Lurker in). I hadn't realised how long it'd been since I last ran a game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.