Subject: Weight? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zara Thustra

Ithaca
New York
msg tools
mbmb
I've only just recently heard of Tenka and now I see that it's been reimplemented. So, a little help... Is this just a new edition? Or is this a whole evolution of the game?

The biggest question I have is weight and complexity, because the original Tenka was touted as being a very good light filler game and this version's weight on BGG is much much higher than the original's. So is Shogun any more complex than the original Tenka in any meaningful way? Comparison of rule book length?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The main mechanical change with the new edition is it expands the number of players the game can handle. There are a bunch of new cards as well, though you don't generally play with all of them at once.

There are cosmetic changes as well.

In my opinion, the Shogun edition is only marginally more complex, and only if you play with more than four players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.