Support:

Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

The Germans have a vehicle which has both symbols on it, how do you handle it in regards to bonus movements and whether it can go through a terrain?

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob S.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Wheeded and fracked vehicle question
Look to see the color of the print for its movement AP cost number. If it is green, it is classified as a "wheeled" vehicle; if blue, it is "tracked." You then apply the bonuses and the terrain that is not allowed as noted in the appropriate movement column on the terrain chart. Note that the bonus symbols for wheeled and tracked are also color-coded green and blue respectively.

As you note, one German vehicle (Scout car, I think?) has both a green "wheel" bonus and a blue "track" bonus. The movement AP cost number is in green, so the vehicle uses the "wheeled" terrain column.

Cheers,
/Bob
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have to check the rules and terrain chart (and I'm too tired to do that now) but I think if you are on a road you get full bonus for both, otherwise you only get the smaller tracked bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lewis and Bob both have it exactly right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, it makes sense now!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Proposal to help future forum searchers: edit original post's subject to correct "Wheeded and fracked" to "Wheeled and tracked".

(Granted, it is a surreally funny misspelling...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.