Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this game and am itching to play it. Unfortunately I only found one other person available tomorrow... I know the expansion allows for a two player game... Is there any way to engineer the base game into a playable 2-player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Qunell
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play it as a two player game the same way you would with the expansion. Just use an unused factions pieces in place of the barbarians.

Do you have the rules for the two player game in the expansion for the set-up of the barbarians?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HawkFan wrote:
You can play it as a two player game the same way you would with the expansion. Just use an unused factions pieces in place of the barbarians.

Do you have the rules for the two player game in the expansion for the set-up of the barbarians?

I do not. Is it complex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Guttag
United States
West Chester
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Greg,

The rules for 2-player aren't complex. You can go to the Academy Games web site and download the Atlas expansion rulebook to get them.

As suggested earlier, use other Faction pieces (best starting with the Greeks) to represent the Barbarians (you'll need a total of 8 Legions, 3 Fortresses, and 3 Triremes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Sanmiguel
United States
Brookhaven
Georgia
flag msg tools
I thought it was a little silly for them to include 2 player only rules in the expansion when you can easily do it in the base game. Same thing with the alternate 3 player game which you don't need Atlantis for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric G wrote:
Hey Greg,

The rules for 2-player aren't complex. You can go to the Academy Games web site and download the Atlas expansion rulebook to get them.

As suggested earlier, use other Faction pieces (best starting with the Greeks) to represent the Barbarians (you'll need a total of 8 Legions, 3 Fortresses, and 3 Triremes).

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.