donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola

http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/agricola_revised...

Comparison:
Csi & mm $54.00
'zon $49.60
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ir1337 wrote:

I thought Mayfair had a maximum 10% discount MAP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
Psauberer wrote:
ir1337 wrote:

That's the exact percentage mm and csi are at...so maybe...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Psauberer wrote:
ir1337 wrote:

Seem to recall reading that the policy was relaxed a bit a while back and allows for time limited sales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason King
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like it's out of stock now. Thanks for the tip though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
If I have the original, should I think about replacing it with this? Maybe waiting for deluxe? Not bother with either?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Reading through many of the forums, the biggest complaint (and praise?) is the fewer cards. Some (1 person especially) hates that it has only 96 cards instead of the 250+ from before. Others seems okay with it as it is more streamlined and new user friendly.

Most agree that besides the cards, the new pieces are a plus but not necessarily worth a new purchase. Saw one complaint that the cards seem thinner but Mayday said they used the same printer as Zman so dunno.

Seems if you have a copy and play it, probably don't need this. If you are new to Agricola, is a great place to start.

I was able to grab one so thanks! Only played the app and think the more streamlined version will be easier with my wife. Probably end up getting the Anniversary edition as well... don't want it to be like Puerto Rico is for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew

Florida
msg tools
Thanks for the heads up! Have been considering this one and the sale pushed me over the edge. Coincidentally I was also trying to get enough in my cart at cardhaus to also pick up all creatures big and small. This sale justified an order lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
When bad things happen, I know you want to believe they are a joke, but sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been spending too much time trying to research all this Agricola confusion.

There's this revised edition, some sort of family edition, several versions of the "4th edition". Talk of a deluxe edition...which I can't find much info on.

It's all very confusing.

Edit: found "This". "This" is very good: This
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giovanni
United States
MINNEAPOLIS
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the post!

I've played Agricola a bunch since it's my favorite game (digital, physical multilayer and solo). I'll be waiting for the collectors/deluxe version with all the cards.

If you own the original version and don't play it more than occasionally then you probably don't need to upgrade. If you don't own it already (and dont expect it becoming your favorite game) then the new version is probably a good choice. The family version only sounds like an option for those who really want to dumb things down to play with children or non gamers. Keep in mind that the reason its my favorite game is all the cards, and you won't get that in the family version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.