Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost a year ago i invested in a few "transparent tablecloths" (or tablecloth covers) to use as covers for my boards during play. Long story short, they work well with Onus playmats. The playmats are of fine quality, and are certainly durable, but placing them under a thin clear cover reduces wear and tear to essentially zero. Here are a couple pictures showing one of the mats with a transparent tablecloth on top of it:

Note the glare - that's the cover. In practice glare is not a problem when the area is viewed from above or a normal sitting position.

With one edge of the transparent cover folded up, to give an idea of how flexible and transparent the cover is:

Such tablecloths/covers come in a variety of sizes, but these are the ones i have:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0041K3U3Y/

Mine are 140x100cm, and cutting them in half provides a good cover size for most typical game boards (they're not large enough for a fully-decked-out Talisman set with all expansion boards, but an uncut sheet is).

Happy Onusing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Stephen for your suggestion!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a good idea. For reference I am playing my first game "as the designers intended" with unsleeved cards and the naked playmat and it is working mostly great. That playmate is slick! (That is old USA slang for really good as well as descriptive of the cards sliding easily.)

Unfortunately for me I am going to have to sleeve the cards - I have some nerve damage and I have a hard time handling things like cards (and books, magazines, etc.) and I am going to destroy them if I do not. I have already sleeved the Event/Order cards (Mayday 45 x 68mm - the blue/teal pack) but have not found a perfect fit for the unit cards.

Just chiming in with feedback - The playmate works great so far! I am the problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I have already sleeved the Event/Order cards (Mayday 45 x 68mm - the blue/teal pack) but have not found a perfect fit for the unit cards.

i'm using Swan Panasia 56x87mm for the armies. They're not quite a perfect fit, but they're close enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
martimer wrote:
I have already sleeved the Event/Order cards (Mayday 45 x 68mm - the blue/teal pack) but have not found a perfect fit for the unit cards.

i'm using Swan Panasia 56x87mm for the armies. They're not quite a perfect fit, but they're close enough.
I gave up looking for the perfect fit and have placed an order. The fact is that I NEED the extra width to help me pick up the cards, stupid nerve damage.

I have, in the past, resorted to using Post-It "handles" to help me pick up the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.