Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Humpert
United States
Dillsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up this game yesterday at Gen Con and was baffled by the rule regarding the Phase 1 action that allowed you to look at an opponent's identity card. The rules state that you are to choose one opponent randomly and look at one of his cards. It struck me as odd that the opponent would be randomly determined, not the identity card, and thought maybe there was a translation error in the English rules.

Can anyone verify how that rule should be played?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmb
Hi Scott,

I worked with Capstone on this game and this might be an unfortunate phrasing that crept into the rules.

The correct way to play this card is to freely choose one of the other players and randomly draw one of their ID cards for you to look at.

Hint: you want to play this later in the game, maybe if that player has a triad and a cop card revealed to find out what side they really are on!

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dekan Wheeler
msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedrator wrote:
Hi Scott,

I worked with Capstone on this game and this might be an unfortunate phrasing that crept into the rules.

The correct way to play this card is to freely choose one of the other players and randomly draw one of their ID cards for you to look at.

Hint: you want to play this later in the game, maybe if that player has a triad and a cop card revealed to find out what side they really are on!

Hope this helps.

Pedro is correct. We'll look over this phrasing in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.