4 Posts

Elder Sign» Forums » General

Subject: Any Gencon news? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Anyone at GenCon been able to get anything out of FFG with regards to any more expansions? The new Arkham Horror Card Game seems very similar so I'm thinking maybe that FFG wants to move to a LCG format for the series instead. Must mean a more steady revenue stream, selling regular updates rather than an expansion each year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Nik,

Elder Sign just had an expansion released (Omens of Ice) and a PoD expansion (Grave Consequences). I don't think we'll see any new expansion announced at GenCon.

Additionally, especially because they just have announced the Arkham Horror LCG, there is no way to see Elder Sign being moved to LCG too. What would be the sense of having two LCGs with the same setting apart from canibalizing the audience?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ah, sorry, I wasn't clear. By "the series" I meant their whole Arkham set of games. So AH:LCG becomes in effect the "new" Elder Sign. I don't know how well Omens sold, so just thinking that maybe FFG wants to do more frequent but smaller releases, it's easier to get someone to buy five $10 releases than one $50 expansion. As I recall though, Omens was announced around the beginning of the year, so if they wanted to do two expansions in one year GenCon would be where it was announced, but if not I guess they're sticking to one per year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it, sorry I didn't understand your point at the first reading. Some more answers below

NikToo wrote:
Ah, sorry, I wasn't clear. By "the series" I meant their whole Arkham set of games. So AH:LCG becomes in effect the "new" Elder Sign.

I don't think so. AH LCG simply replaces the old Call of Cthulhu LCG: same setting, but this time fully coop. Elder Sign after all it's a dice game, and there is definitely no dice rolling in the new LCG (or at least so it seems from demo reports from GenCon)

NikToo wrote:
I don't know how well Omens sold, so just thinking that maybe FFG wants to do more frequent but smaller releases, it's easier to get someone to buy five $10 releases than one $50 expansion.

I think Omens sold a lot: in fact the latest ES expansion was made as boardgame adaptation of the Trail of Ithaqua app expansion. As for the prices: app was really cheap, and expansions for it were available at 2.99 if I'm not mistaken. The core set never had an expansion costing more than 30 bucks, so, price range is actually a little bit different

NikToo wrote:
As I recall though, Omens was announced around the beginning of the year, so if they wanted to do two expansions in one year GenCon would be where it was announced, but if not I guess they're sticking to one per year.

I think this could be the case.

Still, the InFlight report is scheduled for today at 1 PM, so, I guess in a few hours we will know. If you wanna follow the report live, just follow FFG's twitter account (you may follow it even if you're not on twitter)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.