$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 92.34

5,980 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
37.7% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mythos - Taking a Deal condition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Zaverka
msg tools
Hello,

In our last game we drew a Mythos card that had some negative effect UNLESS the investigator took a Deal condition. With the base set, that would mean mostly taking Debt OR sometimes you would get the Dark Pact. But with the expansions, you could take also Agreement or Funding.

Sadly, we ended up with two Debts and two Dark Pacts, no-one got Funding. But there is no rule against getting the Funding condition from the Mythos, right? Even though it is not a negative card. Or has it been corrected or perhaps mentioned in the errata?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shagrat31 wrote:
there is no rule against getting the Funding condition from the Mythos, right?
Right. The card says you gain a Deal so you gain a (random) Deal. That's all there is to it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW, that mythos card comes in the expansion that introduced funding, so it was already part of the mix.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Little
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And it gets even better if you have Signs Of Carcosa since Promise of Power conditions are also deals.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dogaru Mihai
Romania
flag msg tools
Shagrat31 wrote:
Hello,

.....

Sadly, we ended up with two Debts and two Dark Pacts, no-one got Funding. But there is no rule against getting the Funding condition from the Mythos, right? Even though it is not a negative card. Or has it been corrected or perhaps mentioned in the errata?


Isn't there a rule that doesn't allow you to have two conditions of the same kind? You can't have two dark pacts iirc.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cimitri wrote:
Shagrat31 wrote:
Hello,

.....

Sadly, we ended up with two Debts and two Dark Pacts, no-one got Funding. But there is no rule against getting the Funding condition from the Mythos, right? Even though it is not a negative card. Or has it been corrected or perhaps mentioned in the errata?
Isn't there a rule that doesn't allow you to have two conditions of the same kind? You can't have two dark pacts iirc.

4 players, 2 debts and 2 dark pacts between them.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.