Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

BSG 559: Colonial Pyramid League
6-Player Pegasus Game to New Caprica
including a Cylon Leader

Welcome to BSG 559: Colonial Pyramid League.

Rules and Guidelines:

d10-2 In order to participate, you must own a copy of the base game and the Pegasus expansion,

per FFG request. If you need card text at some point, just GeekMail me.

d10-3 You are expected to subscribe to this thread and to check in at least once every 24 hours, preferably more.

Discussion between players is highly encouraged. However, if there's no active discussion, I'll send you a reminder at 24 hours, and make your move for you at 36. If this happens too much, I'll replace you. If you warn me or the thread about slow play, we'll be patient. =)

d10-4 All communication between players must occur in this thread ONLY. Follow typical play-by-forum conventions when posting.

This includes always making it clear what character you are speaking as by including an appropriate banner at the top of each post. Banners created by DukeOfEarl et al. are available here. If you are mobile, please type your character name in caps at the top of your post. Other pictures for adding flavor can be found in this compilation.

Courtesy of Mike Bonn, here's an amazing script that makes it super-easy to add those banners to your posts:
Mike_Bonn wrote:

1) Click on "Edit" on the top right of your screen to Edit your quick bar.

2) Chose an empty spot and fill label with "My Banner" and add the following text to the URL :

Quote:
javascript: (function() {var b = '[ImageID=xxxxxx medium]'; var t = document.getElementsByTagName('textarea')[0]; t.value = b+'\r\n'+t.value;})();

3) Replace "xxxxxx" with the ImageId you want to use as your banner. I used 565008 to generate the one in this post.

4) When you post, click on Reply/Quick Reply and then click on your Quick Bar Link. Presto!

It even works on mobiles, so no excuses not to use a banner!

Also, be sure to leave regular discussion in a plain font, in-character flavor text in italics, and actions you wish to take in bold. Be especially conscious of the bolding of your actions; I will not execute an action if it isn't bolded. If you're on mobile, saying "bold" (or close equivalents) before an action is sufficient.

d10-5 When sending me a GeekMail, please include the game number, your character name, and a description in the subject line.

Example: "BSG 559 (Starbuck): Admiral's Quarters Skill Check"

I am moderating several games; this will help me make fewer mistakes!

d10-6 Do not edit your posts.

Please do not go back and edit posts unless you are quickly fixing a typo immediately after posting. Instead, simply make a new post stating what you would have changed. This is to prevent confusion (both for me and your fellow players). Similarly, do not delete posts.

d10-7 Do not quote posts from more than one page back.

Just because you can go back and look doesn't mean it's cool to do so. In real life, you probably aren't keeping track *that* closely.

d10-8 Respect the secrecy rules.

I suggest everyone take a look at the official "Secrecy Clarifications" document, the last page of the Official FAQ.
In particular, please make sure you don't:
* Say "medium" if you only played one card.
* Talk about scouted cards beyond good or bad.
* Identify what cards (or even what colors, or the exact strength) you played into a skill check, even implicitly.
* Volunteer what cards are in your hand (or ask about cards are in someone else's hand) unless it is relevant to the situation.
* Reveal exactly which Quorum cards you have.
* As a Cylon Leader, discussing the second condition on your Agenda card.

Conditional Orders (COs)

1 Put in COs for pretty much anything. All COs should be sent to me via GeekMail, and be clearly labeled by having "CO" (and a description of what the CO is for) in the subject line.

2 Do not post public COs under any circumstances; this includes posting bold text when it is not your turn to act.

3 Under many circumstances, I will not wait for interrupts before executing actions. A full list of these circumstances will be provided in the next post after character selection.

4 TANKING: I will allow the use of "Tank" during the interrupt phase. This means "Pass on interrupts AND the check if everyone else passes." As soon as someone plays cards into the check, "Tank" is nullified. You may also declare "Tank" in public but CO cards to play in private. Those playing after you are free to assume you have passed, however; this is rarely an issue in practice.

Have fun out there!

Special Thanks

This is a play-by-forum game in the style established by ColtsFan76. Thanks go to him for starting this. Thanks also to Orphius, JasperHawk, and Mawkee for their work on the mod tools that will be used.

This introductory text is copied mostly from ed_hennessy via zelarvi, who helped get me into moderating these games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

House Rules

Cain is not available for play.

If a Human is executed before Sleeper Phase, shuffle an extra "You Are Not A Cylon" card into the Loyalty deck; the player whose character was executed draws a Loyalty card after choosing a new character.

Rules Primer

It may have been a while since many of you have played a straight Pegasus game (if ever); so that everyone's on the same page, let's run down what changes when you remove Daybreak and Exodus from an all-expansions game.

No Mutiny Cards, Assault Raptors, Consequences, or Miracle Tokens: If you are executed and had not yet used your OPG ability, you may use the OPG ability on your new character, unlike in Daybreak.

Pegasus Execution Rules: The turn does not end when an execution occurs. Additionally, there's no extra Loyalty card in the deck (though see the House Rule, above).

Old Colonial One: Administration is a Skill Check location, you use the Press Room to draw Politics, and the President's Office to draw Quorums.

Pegasus Cylon Locations: The Human Fleet location is subtly different than in Daybreak; you must draw from two different colors, but they may be from outside of your skill set. Additionally, revealing Cylons always pass off all of their remaining loyalty, regardless of distance.

Pegasus Treachery: We will be using the Pegasus Treachery deck in this game. Some of these are Reckless Skill Check cards; the effects only occur if the check had been made Reckless. This replaces the Reckless resolution from Daybreak (as there are no zero-strength Treacheries in this game). There are other Treachery cards that are Movement, Action, or interrupt cards; they can only be used for their text by revealed Cylon players.

Agendas: The Cylon Leader will draw 1 Agenda, which they have to complete, rather than 4 Motives. Since this is a six-player game, we are using the Sympathetic (4/6) deck; I'd encourage everyone to look these over. Remember that Secrecy rules apply quite stringently to the Agenda; a Cylon Leader should never discuss the second condition on their Agenda card.

Other Missing Cards: In addition to the entire Daybreak Treachery Deck, all zero- and six-strength cards are missing, as well as two strength 3-4, and 1 strength 5 from each color deck. Various Characters, Crises, Destinations, and Quorum cards are missing, as well as the Centurion and Jump Prep reveals and the Human Prisoner and Fire All Missiles Super Crises. Obviously, anything related to the Cylon Fleet Board is also not included.

Default COs:

You can override any of these by CO.

Ellen's Manipulative: I will assume you are passing on this unless you say otherwise. Remember that this takes place before you draw skill cards, so you'll need to get me a CO ahead of time as otherwise I will just automatically deal you your cards.

Chief of Staff, Probation, Six's Human Delusion, Adama's Command Authority, Chief's Blind Devotion: I will assume you are passing on these by default; if you want to use them, or pause to consider using them, you'll have to leave me a CO.

Boomer's Mysterious Intuition: We'll handle this as part of the interrupts phase, though I will assume you are passing on it unless you tell me otherwise. If you use it after other people have played interrupts, those will be returned to their hands.

Boomer's Recon: Technically it's optional, but I'll assume you always choose to do this.

Arbitrator, Zarek's Friends in Low Places: Handled as part of the interrupts phase; I will wait for you to use it, when appropriate.

I will automatically have you pass on any interrupts you don't have; however, I reserve the right not to do so in order to preserve secrecy. In particular, I will not entirely skip an interrupts phase.

If someone plays a equal or lower-valued copy of an interrupt you have, I will automatically pass you, unless you are in the Brig, over your hand limit, or could use it to benefit from Support the People.

Skill Check Interrupts (Investigative Committee, Scientific Research, all Reckless cards, Friends in Low Places): If a color is already positive in a skill check, I will automatically have you pass on an interrupt that makes that color positive (unless you could use it to benefit from Support the People). I will automatically pass you on Support the People if no one would benefit.

Strategic Planning:
I will assume you will pass on:
* Launch Scout as long as 2 or more Raptors are intact; note that in this case, a public CO as to whether you're scouting the Crisis or Destination is fine.
* Any rolls that would help the Cylons.
* Any attacks made by Vipers.

Calculations: I will not pause for opportunities to play this, so unless you are extremely quick, you're going to have to leave a CO for this one. I will endeavor to leave enough time on each die roll during the interrupts phase for you to leave a CO, but this cannot be guaranteed, so standing COs are recommended. This is especially true if you want to use it on rolls where I auto-pass on SPs, such as Scouts, Viper attacks on Heavy Raiders, or Basestar shots.

Evasive Maneuvers: Will be passed automatically unless
* the viper is destroyed,
* the viper is manned,
* the viper is the last ship protecting a civilian, or
* there are 2 or fewer undamaged vipers left.
Pilots may want to leave me a more detailed CO for when they would and would not use their Evasives.

Run Interference: Will be passed unless three or more Raiders are attacking your sector.

If the order of Raider Activation doesn't matter for the Raider AI, I'll start with Sector 1 and proceed clockwise.

Major Victory: You need to put in a CO for this one; shouldn't be an issue as you're the one killing the Basestar or Centurion.

Pegasus or Galactica Damage: Unless you CO me otherwise, I will damage Pegasus automatically if there's no one on an undamaged location there and Pegasus would not be destroyed by doing so.

Sabotage: I'm not pausing every time someone discards a Treachery, so you need to leave me a CO if you want to use this one.

Commonly-Forgotten Abilities

Zarek's Convicted Criminal: He may not activate locations (other than the Brig) that contain other players.

Adama's Emotionally Attached: He may not activate the Admiral's Quarters.

Six's Conflicted Loyalties: She must discard a card to use the Cylon Fleet location.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Playing:
KradDrol
stever777
lolcese
Robman
j_Holmes
Keisus (replaced by Mawkee before game start)

Declined:
larabair
kandiru
GerryRailBaron

We'll be starting no later than 1400 UTC on EDIT: Monday, August 8.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Radtke
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reporting for duty!
robot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
And the cylon hunting began...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lara bair
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks - but I'm still modding and can't handle that and playing. Thanks though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm totes in if an alternate is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have Pegasus, so since you have 6 people down to play I'll pass on this one Good luck on your trip to New Caprica
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

With 5 out of 6 players lined up, let's get started on character selection. Highest roll goes first.

KradDrol 1d100 = (18) = 18
stever777 1d100 = (43) = 43
lolcese 1d100 = (31) = 31
Robman 1d100 = (78) = 78
j_Holmes 1d100 = (1) = 1
GerryRailBaron / Keisus 1d100 = (34) = 34

Robman is up first! You can pick any character from the base game or Pegasus, except Cain.

Other players can leave private or public COs for their character choice, if desired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 934102. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (18) =
  • Sat Aug 6, 2016 2:56 pm
  • [+]
  • 934103. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (43) =
  • [+]
  • 934104. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (31) =
  • [+]
  • 934105. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (78) =
  • [+]
  • 934106. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (1) =
  • [+]
  • 934107. kingerc
  • 1d100 =
  • (34) =
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Next up is stever777!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Radtke
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm no toaster...yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Next up is GerryRailBaron (if he accepts) or Keisus (otherwise); Keisus, you can feel free to GM me your character choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
Since its an intergalatic global conspiracy to have me choose last, I'll wait to see who everyone else has taken :S

I am however partial to engineering class characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

GerryRailBaron has declined, so Keisus, you're up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Keisus picks Boomer, and lolcese picks Ellen.

KradDrol is up next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

To my surprise, nobody's picked a Cylon Leader so far. I don't want to force anyone to play a CL if they don't want to, so if neither KradDrol or j_Holmes picks one, we'll play with the Sympathetic Cylon rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ng
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmb

Cylon leader? Don't mind if I do!

Don't worry humans, I will guide you to your destiny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

And last but not least is j_Holmes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb

Tigh, I'm waiting for you...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmb
Chief Furry Tyrol reporting for duty

I'll grab banner soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Each of us plays a role, each time a different role....The players change, the story remains the same.

Each of you should have received a GM with your initial Loyalty (or Agenda); Zarek should also have received a Quorum and his starting cards.

If you did not receive this GM, let me know immediately.

Everyone but Zarek still needs to draw cards:

Initial Skill Card Draw wrote:

Initial Skill Card Draw

Zarek (5) - 2 Politics, 2 Leadership, 1 Tactics
Adama (0) - (3 cards)
Boomer (0) - (3 cards)
Ellen (0) - (3 cards)
Six (0) - (2 cards)
Chief (0) - (3 cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Olcese
Argentina
Córdoba
Córdoba
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb

Wait, no Tigh?

Initial draw: 2 Politics, 1 Leadership
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Radtke
United States
Schaumburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Initial draw: 2 Leadership, 1 Tactics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Unfortunately, it looks like I have to replace Boomer. While I find a replacement, Six and Chief can go ahead and put in their initial skill draws.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [44] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.