Junta: Viva el Presidente!» Forums » Rules

Subject: President keeping cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Johnson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
After the Presidente has drawn cards and made his promises, can he keep any for himself? It seems like an obvious "yes" because I don't see how else the Presidente would get money to buy buildings, but I couldn't find this anywhere in the rule book.

So in a 4 player game he grabs 6 cards. If he hands one player a card, another player two cards, and the last player a card, can he keep the leftover cards for himself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding:
The President draws cards and puts them in their hand. The President then must give each other player a bribe of at least one card from the President's hand. Incidentally, this means that the President could bribe another player using a card that was in their hand before the draw.

(I think the game calls them "promises" but we call them "bribes")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's right, he draws 6 cards (players + 2) and then has to give each player at least one card (these can also be cards he drew in pervious rounds). He keeps the rest for himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.