36.5% of Goal | 26 Days Left

Support:

H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And is it possible to play with 3 different decks?

I think I know the answer based on what I've read but just checking i havent missed anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leach
United Kingdom
Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
Yes and yes.

Preferably the one different deck would be totally unmarked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geeky McGeekface
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
For the first time in 108 years, the Cubs are world champions! Incredible game 7 victory over a valiant Cleveland team.
mbmbmbmbmb
George is absolutely correct. In fact, when I used to play this with regular playing cards, that was my preferred method, just for aesthetic reasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jugular wrote:
Yes and yes.

Oh wow, so even if all three decks have different backs and sizes, there's no issue playing with them?

Is there anything else I need other than paper and pencil?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leach
United Kingdom
Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
I would recommend a card sleeve to put the target cards in. I ruined an introductory game by shuffling them into the other decks. I would also suggest that you print out the deduction sheets in 'files' rather than draw up your own. It'll save a few minutes and keep things tidier (very useful given how messy things usually get!). Some player screens or folders would be helpful too (depending on where you are playing).

None of this is essential. To play all you NEED are three French decks (even some partial decks might be usable), pens and paper for each player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leach
United Kingdom
Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
NowOrNever88 wrote:
Jugular wrote:
Yes and yes.

Oh wow, so even if all three decks have different backs and sizes, there's no issue playing with them?

Is there anything else I need other than paper and pencil?

Different sizes between all three decks might get a bit fiddly when shuffling but the resulting distribution effect is unlikely to be noticeable in a first outing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Stephenson
United States
Holland
Michigan
flag msg tools
I do not run and hide... I strategically maneuver.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll chime in that I like two identical decks (for the question cards) and a third deck which is different. For aesthetic reasons, I have used 3 decks that are identical, except that two have red backs and one has blue. Any 3 decks of cards can be made to work (provided that no card in the "evidence" deck is marked or defaced in any noticeable way).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.