29.4% of Goal | 28 Days Left

Support:

Peter Dorney
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does being traded Unique Item count as gaining a Unique Item for the purposes of Revelation of Script?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foksieloy
Croatia
flag msg tools
You need kulen.
badge
How can you have any pudding?
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it doesn't count for the purpose of losing sanity with the dark pharaoh herald, I'd say it doesn't.

Quote:
Q: When The Dark Pharaoh is in play, do investigators
lose Sanity for taking Unique Items from other investigators?
Or become cursed when taking Exhibit Items from
other investigators?
A: No to both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A rule of thumb I use:

Trading away does count as "losing." Otherwise, for example, Zoey can never fail her personal story if she simply gives her Cross to someone else so that she never technically loses it.

Obtaining via trade does NOT count as "gaining." Otherwise, any personal story that can be passed by gaining unique items can be too easily passed by a single repetitive trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why . . . I dream of things that never were and ask why not
mbmbmbmbmb
kungfro wrote:
A rule of thumb I use:

Trading away does count as "losing." Otherwise, for example, Zoey can never fail her personal story if she simply gives her Cross to someone else so that she never technically loses it.

Obtaining via trade does NOT count as "gaining." Otherwise, any personal story that can be passed by gaining unique items can be too easily passed by a single repetitive trade.

I rule that if Zoey trades her Cross she fails her personal story, so this is a good example you're using in answering this question

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.