Subject: Kickstarter arrival! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom C.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's arrived here in MO today. Will hopefully be posting a blog about it this weekend! Let me say, though, that the wooden pieces/tokens are spectacular, folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grats. Take some pics please
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet! Very eager to get see this at my doorstep. Good to know it's gotten to someone.

EDIT: Mine arrived today as well! NY! Everything looks great, and nice box insert, I'll likely sleeve the cards and I'm sure they'll fit inside the box without issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Excellent. The designer needs to be awarded for this. Not enough games come with thought-out inserts.

Braffe wrote:
nice box insert, I'll likely sleeve the cards and I'm sure they'll fit inside the box without issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived as well, shipped fast and securely, nicely packaged.

The cover art is gorgeous! Looks even nicer in person. It's got that wonderful hand-done "craft" look that I love about some board game production (Key-series for example has a similar feel).

Kudos for a nice production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alf Seegert
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
marwan_marwan wrote:

Excellent. The designer needs to be awarded for this. Not enough games come with thought-out inserts.

Braffe wrote:
nice box insert, I'll likely sleeve the cards and I'm sure they'll fit inside the box without issue.

Hey, thank you Marwan_Marwan! Credit where it's due: I may have designed the game itself, but Eagle-Gryphon Games is entirely responsible for publishing such a well-produced game. I'm pretty sure that it was once again Rick Soued who, in addition to development, designed the plastic insert -- he did a fantastic job creating inserts with my earlier games The Road to Canterbury and Fantastiqa (the huge Enchanted Edition), and this feels very much of a piece with those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alf Seegert
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Mine arrived as well, shipped fast and securely, nicely packaged.

The cover art is gorgeous! Looks even nicer in person. It's got that wonderful hand-done "craft" look that I love about some board game production (Key-series for example has a similar feel).

Kudos for a nice production.

Thanks, JohnnyDollar! I'm very pleased at this response -- I feel the same way about the cover art. I think that Brian Kohrman knocked it out of the park by mingling beauty with whimsy throughout. And a quick shout-out to Brian as a game designer, too: Jungle Ascent is a delight to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it in PA and played it - it's great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alf Seegert
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LemonyFresh wrote:
Got it in PA and played it - it's great!

Thanks, Anthony! I'd love to hear more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Love simultaneous bidding games
2) Love games with nice bits
3) Love games with board that develops as game progresses
4) Love the Cat and Dog figures and artwork
5) Love the Directional Tile fun
6) Love the interactivity among the different elements
7) Love the hieroglyph: "Duck Parties Until Sun Goes Down"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alf Seegert
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LemonyFresh wrote:
1) Love simultaneous bidding games
2) Love games with nice bits
3) Love games with board that develops as game progresses
4) Love the Cat and Dog figures and artwork
5) Love the Directional Tile fun
6) Love the interactivity among the different elements
7) Love the hieroglyph: "Duck Parties Until Sun Goes Down"

Ah, thanks! And I'm grateful finally to know how to decipher that hieroglyph!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zaphod Beeblebrox
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alfseegert wrote:
...he did a fantastic job creating inserts with my earlier games The Road to Canterbury and Fantastiqa (the huge Enchanted Edition), and this feels very much of a piece with those.

I don't own Heir to the Pharaoh, but I did want to comment on this: The Road to Canterbury has the best insert of any game I've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Reeve
United States
Geneva
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
nbread wrote:
alfseegert wrote:
...he did a fantastic job creating inserts with my earlier games The Road to Canterbury and Fantastiqa (the huge Enchanted Edition), and this feels very much of a piece with those.

I don't own Heir to the Pharaoh, but I did want to comment on this: The Road to Canterbury has the best insert of any game I've seen.

Eagle in general has been doing a phenomenal job with their game inserts: Francis Drake, The Gallerist, Zong-Shi, Clockwork Wars...etc all games with inserts that perfectly match the game (not to mention the quality of the boxes the games come in).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.