7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Any games like arboretum? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steram Shaw
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi,I have just came across what looks like a great little card game called arboretum,, but I cannot find a copy anywhere in the U.K., my question is, is there anything else out there similar to it? thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
What appealed to you about it? If the art, there's a game about fruit that also has some beautiful illustrations. If the heavy card-counting/screwage, I'm not sure.

Pi mal Pflaumen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can play Arboretum with the cards from Linko! which is much easier to find.

Not as pretty though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
They say Arboretum is similar to Lost Cities and it has a spacial element. You may wish to consider Keltis: Neue Wege, Neue Ziele as it is also similar to Lost Cities and has a spacial element. That said, it's a much bigger package and more expensive as well. I actually preferred the aforementioned Keltis expansion (I think included with the base game these days).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gretchen Fontenay
United States
Apison
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a bunch of copies on the Marketplace. If nobody will ship it to the UK, message me and I'll ship it to you.

Edit: I went and looked and there's actually someone on the Marketplace in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zany Penguins

Lighter and how scoring is done is done in reverse so you score your hand based on your tableau.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Zany Penguins

Lighter and how scoring is done is done in reverse so you score your hand based on your tableau.

Just wanted to +1 this. I have both and did a comparison review in the ZP forums if you wanted to see how they stack up against each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.