Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Barnes
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.amazon.com/Mansions-Madness-2nd-Board-Game/dp/B0...

CSI $85

Seems like a great deal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If that is a hot deal, then it is more incentive to keep my first edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gallo
United States
Miami
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed the price difference and jumped on it this morning. 2nd edition is greatly enhanced by owning 1st edition so it's not really a one or the other situation. Like SW: Rebellion and other big games, I expect this will settle in the mid $60's but as a big fan of MoM I want it now, and this price isn't that bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From the description:

"Includes a conversation kit to integrate first edition game components"

I didn't realize it was a party game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it's bound to be cheaper for those who wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason "J.T." Taylor
United States
North Highlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barneshome wrote:

Unless you're in California where you pay sales tax and it basically makes it only 80 cents cheaper than CSI...crycrycry

First world gamer problems...I'd certainly get it much faster. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abonosky wrote:
From the description:

"Includes a conversation kit to integrate first edition game components"

I didn't realize it was a party game.

I heard it includes a string and 2 cups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
Since the app can integrate first edition content, why don't they let you use it with just the first edition? Oh that's right, new corporate policy is to hate your customers. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
Since the app can integrate first edition content, why don't they let you use it with just the first edition? Oh that's right, new corporate policy is to hate your customers. yuk

Because it doesn't integrate all the content and it lacks some of the important components from the 2nd edition. They are under no obligation to spend extra man hours making sure EVERYTHING works from 1st edition and essentially making their 2nd edition unnecessary. Nobody is making you buy 2nd edition. You can play 1st edition and have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
broken clock wrote:

They are under no obligation to spend extra man hours making sure EVERYTHING works from 1st edition and essentially making their 2nd edition unnecessary.

They're the ones that said they wanted people to buy fewer games, I'm just giving suggestions on how they can make that dream possible
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Krumlauf
United States
California
flag msg tools
Bgg_Lurker wrote:
broken clock wrote:

They are under no obligation to spend extra man hours making sure EVERYTHING works from 1st edition and essentially making their 2nd edition unnecessary.

They're the ones that said they wanted people to buy fewer games, I'm just giving suggestions on how they can make that dream possible

They've been extremely successful in shutting down my compulsive purchases. Under their old pricing model, I'd have had all the Imperial Assault stuff by now, plus Rebellion, and would have pre-ordered this.

Instead, I haven't bought anything from them since their new pricing model. It's not an intentional boycott, I want all their stuff; it's just psychological--it all costs just a bit more than I'm willing to spend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chriskrum wrote:
They've been extremely successful in shutting down my compulsive purchases. Under their old pricing model, I'd have had all the Imperial Assault stuff by now, plus Rebellion, and would have pre-ordered this.

Instead, I haven't bought anything from them since their new pricing model. It's not an intentional boycott, I want all their stuff; it's just psychological--it all costs just a bit more than I'm willing to spend.

It's not just you. I'm having a hard time even buying the newest Netrunner data packs because I know what they used to cost and price anchors are a real thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Briarcliff Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's actually a pretty good price but maaaan, Amazon's packaging is terrible. Is it worth risking box damage to save a few bucks . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Brown
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In for one. Thanks OP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ohbalto wrote:
That's actually a pretty good price but maaaan, Amazon's packaging is terrible. Is it worth risking box damage to save a few bucks . . .

I have only ever had 1 case of a game getting damaged from Amazon and they have returned and replaced it with no questions asked. And I have ordered tons of games from Amazon over the years.

Ray
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon's typical board-game packing paradigm: Hey, this already comes in a box, so we can just put it in another box and it'll be fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpat wrote:
Amazon's typical board-game packing paradigm: Hey, this already comes in a box, so we can just put it in another box and it'll be fine.
...and they're right! Well, except for a copy of TtR which arrived with a slightly crunched corner,,,and which then fell off the top shelf. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you get a game damaged in the mail contact amazon. They usually have fantastic service either giving you a discount on the game and even for free if you're lucky. I got a game for free once after complaining about the damage to it in the mail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Smith
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:
If you get a game damaged in the mail contact amazon. They usually have fantastic service either giving you a discount on the game and even for free if you're lucky. I got a game for free once after complaining about the damage to it in the mail.

Yeah, I'm surprised to hear that some people have had issues with how Amazon ships items. My wife and I for the most part have been buying our games off of amazon for the better part of three years now and have never received a game with a damaged box due to shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Briarcliff Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheMightyKong wrote:
alandric wrote:

Yeah, I'm surprised to hear that some people have had issues with how Amazon ships items. My wife and I for the most part have been buying our games off of amazon for the better part of three years now and have never received a game with a damaged box due to shipping.

I've had at least half-a-dozen games arrive with moderate to serious box damage.

I would say that nine times out of ten, games packaged by Amazon arrive with one (or no) air-pac by way of packaging. The boxes are almost always way too big. Sometimes, they're nice enough to package a game together with something that can damage the box, too (even when I order a game alone; they just combine with something else my wife has ordered).

Worse, of course, is when I try to order an actual book from Amazon. I would say I haven't received a book from them in undamaged condition in probably three years. Best case is that they're shrinkwrapped against some sort of cardboard backing, which prevents total destruction of the book, but does crush the corners -- the shrink-wrapping, I mean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chriskrum wrote:
Bgg_Lurker wrote:

Ding ding ding ding... the bells have rung; they cannot be unrung.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alandric wrote:

Um... Asmodee. 'nuf said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeahbowen wrote:
alandric wrote:

Um... Asmodee. 'nuf said.

CSI has been doing FFG stuff at over 30% off for their sales. Again, just wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
price is showing 89 for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Berck
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yep. It's back up to $89 already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.