Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin LB
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about selling a good that is on the advancement track.

Suppose that, on my first slot, I have only one fish. On further slots, I have fruits, pots and ore.

Now suppose that I decide to sell my fish. The first slot thus becomes empty. Do I have to slide all the other goods one step to the left ?
If yes, then selling is a good way for changing the value of goods, isn't it ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Nojima
msg tools
mbmb
When you put a good in the advancement track, it's locked in. You can't sell or change or swap. Subsequent fish you could sell, but that first one is locked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
benjilb wrote:
I have a question about selling a good that is on the advancement track.

Suppose that, on my first slot, I have only one fish. On further slots, I have fruits, pots and ore.

Now suppose that I decide to sell my fish. The first slot thus becomes empty. Do I have to slide all the other goods one step to the left ?
If yes, then selling is a good way for changing the value of goods, isn't it ?

You cannot sell or get rid of goods on your advancement track. Once they are on the track, they cannot be removed.

Edit: just to clarify, what Paul says is important - this only applies to goods tokens actually on the track. If you acquire more of the same good later, you can sell those as long as you don't put the token on the track.

Oh, and I got ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmb
Pauljima wrote:
When you put a good in the advancement track, it's locked in. You can't sell or change or swap. Subsequent fish you could sell, but that first one is locked.

Paul is correct. You may not sell a good that you have placed on your advancement track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And, if you want to sell something you have to put it on the spot in the upper left of your player board.

BTW, in our games we didn't use the buy/sell option, yet.

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played 7 games at all player counts and no one has ever put a good up for sale. And as the others have said, once it's placed on the track, it can not be removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Every time I get a good that I've already got on my advancement track, I'll put it up for sale on the off-chance that someone will give me a good deal. There's literally no down-side to doing that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Depends how far up the track the item is...you get vps for each of the items on that slot. 4 apples on slot 1 nets you 4 points. Therefore, always selling items off may cost you points that could win the game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Well, yeah - you don't have to take any deal offered, so you don't have to sell- you can always take it back on a later turn, so why not offer the sale to see if you get a great deal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Wolf
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I have a question about victory points and goods on the advancement track.

At the end of a game. If I have a good up for sale am I able to move it back and count it towards my victory points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skunk992 wrote:
I have a question about victory points and goods on the advancement track.

At the end of a game. If I have a good up for sale am I able to move it back and count it towards my victory points?

No, you have to do it during your final turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules wrote:
A player may place available goods on this track at any time. (Page 12)

First, players may spend any potions or ciders. (Page 10)
Based on the rules stated above we play that you can use the good/potion/cider on the sale spot for those two actions without the need to remove them first.
Maybe it's not official but easier to play and you don't change the game that much (if at all, who would sell a good in the last round after having passed?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One shouldn't sell something after passing unless you were sure that the player to whom you sell will still be behind you on points AND that you're going to tie with another player, so this money will break the tie in your favour.

For extra style, it could be the same player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
txnull wrote:
Rules wrote:
A player may place available goods on this track at any time. (Page 12)

First, players may spend any potions or ciders. (Page 10)
Based on the rules stated above we play that you can use the good/potion/cider on the sale spot for those two actions without the need to remove them first.
Maybe it's not official but easier to play and you don't change the game that much (if at all, who would sell a good in the last round after having passed?).

While the rule you quote about "available goods" is true, the question is, is a good on your sell spot an "available good" for this purpose?

There's another rule on page 9, under "Put Something for Sale" that says:
Quote:
A player may remove the good that is for sale, or replace it with something else, only on his turn.

To me, this would indicate that unless you remove the good from sale on your last turn, you won't be able to move it to your advancement track at the end of the game, since you can only remove goods from sale during your turn.

That said, I agree with the above poster that there's usually no reason to leave an item for sale after your final pass, as you almost certainly would benefit more from it's points than the POSSIBILITY someone may buy it from you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.