Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Price
Canada
Quispamsis
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Everyone,

Just broke into this game yesterday and played a few times. One of the missions "Escape from Innsmouth" experienced a bug at the exact same time during multiple plays that prevented us from finishing the game.

As far as timing of the bug, it related to the appearance of enemies and the dock location. I don't want to give much away here.

It appeared that the app wanted us to perform our horror checks, but it didn't actually bring up the window to do this.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? We played through the first mission with no troubles whatsoever.

Thanks!
Justin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Experienced what sounds like exactly the same thing on iOS yesterday. Was really disappointing and left the group feeling a bit negative towards the game.

Personally, it makes me reluctant to play that mission again. But I have played two of the other missions multiple times and not had problems. It's not stopped me enjoying the game, it's just made me avoid that mission until an update happens.

Was yours on iOS too? I'm just wondering if I can get away with using the Steam App for that mission. Don't really want to try it and have the same problem. Like I said, left us with a negative feeling the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Price
Canada
Quispamsis
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Keith,

It most certainly was on iOS. Hopefully the more people that flag it, it'll get fixed sooner - did you email them about it yet? I believe it's support at fantasyflightgames.com.

The mission was excellent, too, up until that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for letting me know. I will make sure to tell them so this game gets the perfect app it deserves!

Totally agree with how awesome the missions is too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dockter
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something similar just happened to us too. I don't want to give too much away either, but it happened after the app instructed a certain monster to move off the board. All the icons were red and we couldn't progress or save the game. It was a major bummer having to end the game after about an hour of play. Maybe the scenario is just buggy and should be avoided until an update. (Edit) This was on Android.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A U
msg tools
mbmb
Same thing just happened to our group on our second playthrough of this scenario (IOS 9.3.3 on 3rd gen iPad). No problems first time through. We didn't win so we were playing again. We were almost at the end and it was going to be close. App froze during the mythos phase with the same monster group as previously mentioned. The only difference between the two games is the second time through, the app imported a monster from 1st edition. Really disappointed because it was going to be close. I am interested to hear if this is happening to people using steam. Would like to play this scenario again because it is a lot of fun and could switch to steam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just happened to us too using iPad. Not good to lock up right near the ending! Downgrading my rating if this game. Sigh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So is this only an issue on iOS or other platforms too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They just updated it for google and steam. rest coming later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Price
Canada
Quispamsis
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've got reports from Android as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Shmo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just experienced this bug with the updated/patched app on OSX (Steam). Really really disappointed here :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Shmo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ps - wouldn't let us save and quit either. Stuck before the horror check, at the same place as everyone above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sleaford wrote:
Ps - wouldn't let us save and quit either. Stuck before the horror check, at the same place as everyone above.

Steam patched version did the same thing just now. 2 hrs in, at dock, Riot group, horror check, crashed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Price
Canada
Quispamsis
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh no! I had so much hope that this would fix it!

Sigh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
The Australian release of the game being in September may be a hidden blessing. All the bugs can be caught before I get my hands on the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf White
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
It's bugged on everything even after update :( Played on Android once, had SPOILER Cultist spawned of a woman which was not there, then had mobs spawning and going (total of two groups), then it stopped responding completely. Also had messages overlapping each other. Someone said on forums that steam app should be OK. I tried it then and it stopped responding after mobs moved to pier after like 3 hours of play! Come on ffg I've lost 6 hours total and ruined the experience as I know the scenario already and not gonna play it again any time soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Shearer
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
Just finished Escape From Innsmouth successfully. Some very minor bugs here and there, but nothing that impeded progress. On my iPad.

And by "successfully", I mean that we completed it and no bugs prevented us from doing so. We actually got our asses kicked with the end very much in sight. It was epic and wonderful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dionysos wrote:
Just finished Escape From Innsmouth successfully. Some very minor bugs here and there, but nothing that impeded progress. On my iPad.

And by "successfully", I mean that we completed it and no bugs prevented us from doing so. We actually got our asses kicked with the end very much in sight. It was epic and wonderful.

The bug happens right at the end, so you may have avoided it by losing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kniknax wrote:
Dionysos wrote:

The bug happens right at the end, so you may have avoided it by losing

Good job?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yodda Yodda
Belgium
flag msg tools
Same problem here,

Nearly finishing the scenario for 2 times, and got stuck at the end,

Fix this please..
Really disappointed (for 2 times)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
We apologise for the inconvenience
United Kingdom
Outside of the Asylum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
YoddaYodda wrote:
Same problem here,

Nearly finishing the scenario for 2 times, and got stuck at the end,

Are you on the latest v1.0.2 of the app?
(just released today on Android & Steam, not sure about iOS)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yodda Yodda
Belgium
flag msg tools
my second game was running on the iPad,
I pressed the home-button on the iPad, to read some updates concerning this app.
I returned back to the app, to find out what version i had installed (1.01) and surprisingly and thankfully, the game wasn't frozen anymore (i didn't end the game, or closed the app, just returned back after switching to safari iOS)

However, the app was a bit confused:
My first impression was that i just could continue from where the game was stuck.
All the discovered map-tiles were correct and present, but the total quantity and the location of the monsters was wrong.

We decided to continue the game,(didn't want to replay for the third time) and improvised a bit what direction the monsters would have taken.

I did the update now, but didn't had the time to check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cain M
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
I also experienced freezing twice in this scenario with the Mythos phase.

First time after saving and quitting and trying to resume. Second time read below (spoiler alert re: Innsmouth scenario)

Spoiler (click to reveal)
When the mob activates after going around the building once and a half.

I played on PC though on 1.0.2.
Weird thing is that the update history says both issues were fixed by 1.0.2...

Both games I had played for more than three hours and felt really annoyed that the app crashed twice.

So maybe this scenario is bugged and not the whole app?
It's made me scared to try out different scenarios...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Price
Canada
Quispamsis
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had no crashing issues with the 1st and 3rd scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just happened to us on the Windows version 1.0.2. So lame because we were doing well and think we could have been successful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.