221B Baker Street: The Master Detective Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solving the case rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one question:

When you are in baker street and want to solve the case, you have to answer the questions out loud so the others can hear them or you just have to write them in paper and the look if you get it?

From what I understood of the rules you have to tell the answers out loud, but in that case if someone answers almost all the answers right except one then the next person to go there would have a huge advantage, even if he doesn't know which of the answers are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We always played that you have to say it out loud. Yes, it might help an opponent to win, which is why you want to be sure that you are right. Of course, I guess you could write it down first and if you were wrong then the others could continue and if you were right the others could check to verify it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Moriarty
msg tools
Per Jay Moriarty, the game's creator, you should announce your solution out loud, then check the solution booklet and if you have everything correct, you win. If not, close the booklet and you're out while the other players continue. Just as it says in the Rules booklet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.