Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sea
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the title implied, are there any play through video or player 1st impressions for the game?
If not, hopefully there'll be one soon, or maybe people that played this in Gen Con could share their impressions?

I first heard about this game in both Rahdo's & SU&SD's podcast, & it seems quite interesting. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any gameplay in the KS page (which ended long ago); still I would really like to understand how the gameplay feels before it hits retail. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Hunsucker
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it with a friend tonight. I'll try to get a review up tomorrow sometime, but my first impression:

It's a total blast.

Building your own dinosaur is exactly as fun as it sounds. Which should be a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sea
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mangler103 wrote:
I played it with a friend tonight. I'll try to get a review up tomorrow sometime, but my first impression:

It's a total blast.

Building your own dinosaur is exactly as fun as it sounds. Which should be a lot.

Great! Will look forward to your review

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Coolen
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it only once, but it's indeed very enjoyable. Our feelings about it were that it sort of resembles Ticket to Ride in a way. Lining up colors felt a bit like connecting routes and trying to make those bonus cards fit in your skeleton brought back memories of completing tickets.
The Design phase however is totally unique and its a lot of fun trying to iterate on your earlier designs throughout the game's 3 rounds.
This is the second time I got pleasantly surprised by this designer. As in "Spirits of the Rice Paddy", Rush feels like a very smooth amalgamation of things we have seen before, but gently woven together with a totally unique mechanic. In Rice Paddy it was the overflowing/flooding and now the skeleton-building.
It feels very fresh, for lack of a better word.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.