Vietnam Solitaire Special Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Clarification (NVA Relocation and more) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
P M
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I bought a copy of VSSE about two weeks ago. Let me first say that so far I love this game! I have played the base game 10 times already (including using all of the optional rules) usually ending in a "heavy defeat". Although, twice I got to turn 10 (draw), and I won the historical version of the game both times I played it by getting past 1975.

So after 10 plays and various degrees of success and failure, I have decided to dive into the Special Edition rules. First play through I managed a "marginal victory" by the end of turn 16. However, I have a few questions which need clarification...

1. First of which relates to NVA relocation. I have read the existing threads and still I am confused. I understand how to relocate and that it happens in a region after an offensive has just left greater than 2 NVA units and no allied units in the region. My question is, does a relocation happen in a region where there are greater than 2 NVA and no allies after ANY offensive is rolled, regardless of the region the offensive took place in? For example, I have the conditions for relocation in region 2, but this particular turn an offensive is rolled in region 3. Does this trigger relocation in region 2 (where conditions for relocation exist or any region where conditions exist for that matter) even though the offensive happened in a different region (region 3)?

2. Say all trail counters are on the board. I understand that when placing NVA on the board you go in numerical order of the trail counters in placing the NVA (this clearly builds up the northern regions first). When all NVA counters are already on the board (which just happened to me) what happens? I assume I cannot place any further NVA units, even if called for by number of trail counters because there are simply no more units to be placed (no more NVA markers)?

3. Do I remove US AirCav with the rest of the US ground units on Turn 11? or do they remain? Should I consider them "ground units" (I am assuming I do). If not, when do I remove them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.