45.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Mark Chamberlain
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's fair to say most of us have engaged in the task of finding an appropriate storage solution- and I certainly wouldn't want to knock any of the foamcore creators or laser-cut wood providers but if you're like me then you might not have another thirty or more millennium dollars just to drop on storing this $80 game, especially, when you're staring down the barrel of set rotation and 5 super cool mini expansions. (If you were late to the kickstarter, like me, be sure to check out level 99 games's store!)

You only need about 2 to $5 worth of plastic bags and 2 to $5 worth of cardboard in order to complete this project. I know I put it in the title, but I want to repeat that all of this fits wonderfully in the box and should have enough room for Set Rotation and- I'm pretty sure I can fit another 500+ sleeved cards in here no problem. I use Dragon Shield sleeves, for reference.

The bags I use are $2 for 100 at my local Walmart. They are 3"x4", 2mil thickness. These work really well for unsolved cards, and are a touch tight fit for my sleeved cards. I'll be buying a $5 pack of 100 3.25"x5" bags in order to get a little more clearance on the lip. In perfect fit sleeves, or no sleeves, the 3x4 bags would be perfect.

The cardboard I used was a BCW 500ct storage box, 2 to $5 depending on your source. I cut the box down before assembling it, it holds the sleeved store deck slanted. You can play with the deck in this ghetto shoe, but we're take it out to play.

The insert is perforated at certain intersections. We removed the left assembly entirely at the joint closest to the center of the box, which achieved the fit you see at the top of the page. When Set Rotation come out, just remove the remaining insert to fit another two rows of stacks possible, like so.

Each stack is about 90 sleeved cards. I'll try to update when November rolls around to show if this is as sustainable as I think it is. Not bad for less than ten bucks, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I use very similar baggies (3"x5"), but I cut off the tops. Still hold the cards in perfectly, but also makes it much faster and easier to set up and put away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chamberlain
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an excellent idea! I went ahead and cut the tops on my bags, perfect solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Northern Polarity
msg tools
Thanks a lot for the tips! I copied the exact set up with a single modification: if you cut out exactly one of the black columns from the original cardboard insert, you can fit one more 500 count BCW box in there to put all of your extra card sets in! The card sets fit snugly sleeved if you cut off the tops of the plastic baggies, and it feels slightly less unruly than the stacks of card sets that your current setup has. This has the downside of needing to fold the extra part of the baggie in order to fit it in the box, but it's worth it imo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Mansfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
Matthew 10: 29-31
mbmbmbmbmb
Great storage solutions! I just got a card shoebox and a bunch of those plastic card holders in various sizes (50 counts mostly) and stored each set in those for easy access. Works great! As much as I'd like to store it in the base box, that isn't going to work for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.