Unfair» Forums » News

Subject: Unfair kickstarter campaign start date: 16 August 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We can now tell everyone that we are locked in to go live on Kickstarter on August 16.

We're excited about what the coming weeks will bring: there are some cool stretch goals planned, and Mr Cuddington will be livestreaming the development of some illustrations.

So looking forward to getting this show on the road!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Long
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very exciting!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve T
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the KS be starting at an Aussie friendly time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Steve,
From what I understand, everything is tied to US time, so it will be all in relation to that. As soon as we have clarification on the exact times, I will update it here and in the newsletter. I'm sorry I don't have more precise info currently - it's certainly something that we're keen to know as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
No EB slots and then no one needs to worry about the launch time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
tmgergo wrote:
No EB slots and then no one needs to worry about the launch time

We won't be offering special Early Bird slots - all Kickstarter backers are early birds as far as I'm concerned. So no need to leap out of bed in the black of night to avoid missing out - after the morning coffee will be soon enough!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Wrigley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay for no EB's!thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hoping there will be group shipping options....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is so unfair.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see what you did there....laugh
Orangemoose wrote:
This is so unfair.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Zimmermann
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mb
I´d like to know if there are any plans to translate this game to other languages. Something like a languagekit/complete translation if there are enough backers of a certain language or is there a collaboration with other publishers planned afterwards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyuubi86 wrote:
I´d like to know if there are any plans to translate this game to other languages. Something like a languagekit/complete translation if there are enough backers of a certain language or is there a collaboration with other publishers planned afterwards?

We don't have firm plans yet for translations but there have been enquiries from 3rd party publishers for a number of languages, and we intend to explore those options.

I expect that literal translation of the card rules will be relatively straightforward, but the card titles and flavour text are likely to require some extra attention since they're a lot more idiomatic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad H
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
Will there be a retailer kickstarter option?

We demoed this at GenCon and thought it was awesome.

Also, we loved the artwork and theming, especially the Merchandise event card with the tshirt that said "I bought this t-shirt at a store that sells t-shirts". That would be a sweet kickstarter gift for one of the levels :-P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
daybreaker wrote:
Will there be a retailer kickstarter option?

Our publisher is currently on a plane for a day, so I'll get back to you with some details once he's on the ground again.

I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed the game!

We don't want to get into t-shirt production for the Kickstarter, only because we want to deliver as quickly as possible with no delays, but thanks to your inquiry we're now looking into offering a number of t-shirts through one of the custom shirt places, including the one from Merchandising that caught your eye (with an updated design).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"I played UNFAIR and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

joelfinch wrote:
Thanks to your inquiry we're now looking into offering a number of t-shirts through one of the custom shirt places, including the one from Merchandising that caught your eye (with an updated design).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
NINE LITTLE LETTERS
badge
FECK! ARSE! DRINK! GIRLS!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please no t-shirts!

I've seen too many kickstarters with t-shirts, coffee mugs and coasters and all manner of useless paraphernalia nobody wants, that distract from the objective of the project - to deliver a solid game into the hands of as many people as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Worry not, Craig! T-shirts won't be part of the Kickstarter bundling. If we get around to it, and there's sufficient demand, we'll look at somewhere like CafePress for print on demand stuff so people can buy them separately.

anomander64 wrote:
Please no t-shirts!

I've seen too many kickstarters with t-shirts, coffee mugs and coasters and all manner of useless paraphernalia nobody wants, that distract from the objective of the project - to deliver a solid game into the hands of as many people as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Everything I hope for this Kickstarter is that there will be a Language option. So my wish is Unfair = German Language = Messe Spiel 16 Pickup WOW that would be great!

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Webster
United States
PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw someone with a copy of Unfair. Odd that the company told me that they only had a couple playtest copies to demo at GenCon. Sounding fishy to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
webstergroup wrote:
I just saw someone with a copy of Unfair. Odd that the company told me that they only had a couple playtest copies to demo at GenCon. Sounding fishy to me!

We printed a very small quantity of copies for preview/review purposes, and GenCon was a convenient meeting point to distribute them to reviewers without losing a week to shipping. No copies were available for sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any plans for a PnP reward level?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Webster
United States
PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joelfinch wrote:
webstergroup wrote:

We printed a very small quantity of copies for preview/review purposes, and GenCon was a convenient meeting point to distribute them to reviewers without losing a week to shipping. No copies were available for sale.

Of the upcoming games I played at Gen Con, Unfair was my hands down favorite. So I had a bit of Envy when I saw someone walking around with a copy I wanted so desperately. cry I will just have to wait but I hate waiting. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kate Finch
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe me when I tell you that we hate waiting too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.