Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
san marcos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Saw a pile of these on clearance at Walmart for $3 today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Shegda
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
......... lol

these sales are making the resale value of my used copy plummet to nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
san marcos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They should have just stuck to Heroscape!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Were they the Wal-mart special edition ones or the regular ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad really. I think it could have been moderately successful, but it needed way more content way faster. The expansion that finally did come out was too little way too late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
See the Legendary forums for monthly solo leagues!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering there's a new base set, they probably just need to clear the original off the shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
Hobby aquariums are just like board games: except wet, fishy, and you can't play them.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I got another set, for extra dice and lands, trash the rest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
san marcos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
damiangerous wrote:
Were they the Wal-mart special edition ones or the regular ones?

As far as I can tell just the regular ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ulrey
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
29.82 here in Ohio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
Considering there's a new base set, they probably just need to clear the original off the shelves.

This. They're either preparing for the Christmas set or they may be re-classing the department in that particular store and shrinking the game section.

At my store, they're still thirty bucks for either version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrackAttack wrote:
If I got another set, for extra dice and lands, trash the rest?

You can still use the units and spell cards if two players both want them in their build. This is particularly true with the two-color planeswalkers available now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A second set is necessary in my opinion. The Zendikar expansion really needs the cards and units to fuel the Planeswalkers in there. Plus extra cardboard terrain for either larger maps or an easier way to start your maps for Heroscape.

In my opinion the only thing wasted from a second set will be the Planeswalkers themselves. Just display them on your desk at work or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
san marcos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The store where I found them was in Encinitas, CA on Leucadia Blvd. I also got Bounce Off for $3. There could have been other stuff. I didn't really look. I went in to buy a cooler they had on sale and happened by a bin in the middle of an aisle on the border of toys and sporting goods so
I tossed those two in the cart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
A second set is necessary in my opinion. The Zendikar expansion really needs the cards and units to fuel the Planeswalkers in there. Plus extra cardboard terrain for either larger maps or an easier way to start your maps for Heroscape.

In my opinion the only thing wasted from a second set will be the Planeswalkers themselves. Just display them on your desk at work or something.

Do you think it's still as necessary with the additional cards and units available in the new standalone Innistrad set?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
franklincobb wrote:

Do think it's still as necessary with the additional cards and units available in the new standalone Innistrad set?

Hmmm...probably so. Options in terms of spells and units are always good. Especially for the fire sale prices we are talking about here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
franklincobb wrote:

Do think it's still as necessary with the additional cards and units available in the new standalone Innistrad set?

Hmmm...probably so. Options in terms of spells and units are always good. Especially for the fire sale prices we are talking about here.

Oh I wouldn't hesitate at $3 but I'm not holding my breath on seeing that at any other locations. Online inventory checker doesn't even work for this item any longer so any left are complete stragglers.

Based on your comment I'm weighing whether to grab another base for $12 at Amazon when I order Zendikar and Innistrad which are on sale today for a slight discount off OLGS prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Laufer
United States
Millington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
boldl wrote:
Heroscape was always on clearance as well. Exact same sales trajectory.
This. I got a Rise of the Valkyrie at walmart for a similar price once upon a time. I'd be shocked if these weren't seeing similar values to Heroscape stuff in the next few years, despite the decline in production values.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gonzoron wrote:
boldl wrote:
This. I got a Rise of the Valkyrie at walmart for a similar price once upon a time. I'd be shocked if these weren't seeing similar values to Heroscape stuff in the next few years, despite the decline in production values.

I'm dubious about this ever reaching HS collectability as it hasn't gained even close to the same traction. That was a different era of gaming with far less competition in the space. Perhaps if they continue to seriously step up the pace of expansions but at this point even major fans are predicting it's early demise before it ever even seriously got off the ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:

Oh I wouldn't hesitate at $3 but I'm not holding my breath on seeing that at any other locations. Online inventory checker doesn't even work for this item any longer so any left are complete stragglers.

My store still has about 15 copies, 10 regular and 5 bonus sets. They're still 30 bucks though which might explain why they still have around 15 copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karl paulsen

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmb
At $3 I'd buy more just for the terrain. If anyone is considering getting them from Amazon, knwo that alot of Targets have them for $9.20 right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
Perhaps if they continue to seriously step up the pace of expansions but at this point even major fans are predicting it's early demise before it ever even seriously got off the ground.

Tom changed his mind in his review for the Innistrad set. There's enough stuff out now (especially in the cards) for good variety in games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TravelSized wrote:
NuMystic wrote:
Perhaps if they continue to seriously step up the pace of expansions but at this point even major fans are predicting it's early demise before it ever even seriously got off the ground.

Tom changed his mind in his review for the Innistrad set. There's enough stuff out now (especially in the cards) for good variety in games.

But it took three products to get there and Target likely isn't going to have three of them in stock. I'm not even sure how much of this is even stocked in my FLGSs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NuMystic wrote:
gonzoron wrote:
boldl wrote:

I'm dubious about this ever reaching HS collectability as it hasn't gained even close to the same traction. That was a different era of gaming with far less competition in the space. Perhaps if they continue to seriously step up the pace of expansions but at this point even major fans are predicting it's early demise before it ever even seriously got off the ground.

Heroscape terrain is desirable but the base minis have never been worth much. Arena is almost all figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
Madison Heights
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
TravelSized wrote:
NuMystic wrote:

But it took three products to get there and Target likely isn't going to have three of them in stock. I'm not even sure how much of this is even stocked in my FLGSs.

So? If you're concerned about getting them all, Amazon has them all on sale today.

The point was that the early demise didn't happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did some recon because I needed some crap anyhow.

My Walmart has their new planograms hung for their reset. The publish date is 8/3/2016, set date 8/8/2016.

MtG:AotP version B2606, the base set without bonus tiles, is in the Fall set. So, it's not going anywhere at this location.

The only other games of note are Blokus, Catan, Ticket to Ride and Pandemic. Nothing that surprising.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.