Scythe» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Arrived in the mail and immediately we played... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bonez Conway
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ordered my copy last week on Thursday from MM and could hardly wait for the pre-order to be released(I can't imagine waiting patiently for over a year like so may did). I know I was a little late to the game on researching the game, but as soon as I did I was hooked and so glad I ordered a copy when I did.

So it arrived today and my wife and I had our first play through. I had watched many videos online about set-up, rules and reviews, so I had a general idea on what to do once we got set-up.

This game was so easy to get into and get the basic concept of a turn down (Jamey's video on how to teach the game and get playing within 10min was so helpful). It only took 5 or 6 turns each (with some pausing and explanation, looking up rules, etc) before we were rolling and strategies were being formed. The whole game time from set-up to the 6th star being placed was only 3 hours (not bad for a first play through I thought).

I was the Nordic faction, my wife the Saxony faction, and after 3 hours of thinking I was constantly losing, I pulled out the victory by 12 coins! I practically spent the entire game with no money and almost no popularity because I couldn't help but spend it! Meanwhile my wife was stacking up the coins and upgrading like crazy the entire game. However, having the most land occupied in the end was the really turning point. I racked up 48 points for occupying 14 territories including the factory.

We had so much fun (I even made sure to ask if she enjoyed the game before we tallied up the final score) and we both agreed that it was a blast. So much to do! so many options! A giant puzzle trying to out wit and be more efficient than the other. Love this game and can't wait to play again tonight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.