Hide
5 Posts

Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island» Forums » General

Subject: Daedelus Insert rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Buchanan
msg tools
Can anyone that owns this comment on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Vicente

Avon
Connecticut
msg tools
If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it!
mbmbmbmbmb
I own it and it is a functional insert. HOWEVER, I cannot emphasize enough the need to do your homework. Start with this geek list: N/A. Search this website for what your fellow gamers have said about the various companies that offer inserts, organizers and other storage solutions. If you do, you will not be disappointed. Otherwise, you may find yourself experiencing some frustration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
i own it and wouldn't recommend it. it's not the best design, the stuff fits oddly loose in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Magoulis
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this insert and like it BUT... I can't say I'd recommend it without reservations. I really like the dark stained look, which matches up with the theme well. When everything is out on the table with the board, it all fits together visually.

The bad news is, putting this thing together was a real bear and as someone else already mentioned, the pieces don't fit back into the box perfectly like some other custom inserts.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I love this insert! Note that I did by it pre-assembled (which they have stopped doing since). Still, I would buy it again even if I had to self assemble.

Daedalus calls their product "Quick Start Inserts" and they really are that. You can set up the game quickly and break it down just as quick. As mentioned the stain wood look is perfect for the theme as well.

I liked it so much I shelled out even more money for their Eldritch Horror Quick Start Insert and am loving that one as well. with unsleeved cards, it fits nearly all of the existing expansion content (through Under the Pyramids) save a couple of the GOOs.

I love the Daedalus products and hope they do more Quick Starts for other premium games in my collection.

It may not be for everyone - but it was the best product for me.

OSG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.