Popular Tags: [View All]
Karsten Engelmann
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read some negative reviews of the map colours, but they are great i think. Subtle enough to not rip my eyes out, yet you can easily see where those 12,000 foot colorado peaks are!

I would have liked the number to be a little bolder, and i really want a 'planning' map to calculate without my evil wife knowing what i desire!

Overall great job on the map!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Urban
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Yes, a set of one-page printable black-and-white planning maps with large-type cost numbers in each hex would be a great add-on. Especially for us new players who don't know the terrain well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But What About the Color Choices for the RR Cubes?

Map colors may be great, but that makes it even more incredible for the choice of almost all dark colors for the track cubes: i.e., black, brown, purple, dark green, dark blue, dark red, etc., that makes it very, very difficult to distinguish one company from another. Seems to me that if they couldn't come up with brighter colors, they should have used tokens with logos as in 18xx games.

Frankly, I find this to be really poor production quality from Eagle Games, compared to some of their earlier products (I'm thinking of Age of Empires III) where they used really bright colors that were easily distinguishable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.